• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Gil-Galad in FOTR??

LordOfMoria

Balin Son of Fundin
Joined
Jan 7, 2003
Messages
292
I have seen FOTR many many times. I might not have the wits to see him but i can never find him!!!! Can anyone point him out to me if he is in the movie. I see that Gil-Galad in the forum has his avatar of him. I dont remember him in the Prologue!
 
Some people believe that he was the elf that Frodo saw in the dead Marshes. That is truly inpossible since he was burried on the slopes if Mt. Doom and could not have been at The Battle of the Dead Marshes at that point. And yes, all the other info. was correct as well.;)
 
If you see FOTR EE's galleries you'll see some more photos and pictures of me.You can see me also in the moment when the camera shows the three elves who have the elven rings of power.The elf in the left is me.You'll be able to see it only if you have dvd player or watch the movie in a cinema.
 
Gil-Galad is the greatest...I didn't realize that was him in the prologue of FoTR...wow thanks for the info...

-*GandalftheGreat*-
 
Originally posted by gandalfthegreat
Gil-Galad is the greatest...I didn't realize that was him in the prologue of FoTR...wow thanks for the info...

-*GandalftheGreat*-
I know I'm the greatest :cool: :cool: :cool: .You are welcome!
 
Gil-Galad

Hello Gil-Galad High King of the Elves.
While all the other teen-age girls were gushing over Legolas, I fell for you. You are quite the best looking Elve around!. When I saw you in the Prologe I was very impressed, hoping to see more of you. So I was very disappointed that you died so prematurely! If you had to die --- couldnt you die at Helm's Deep instead of Haldir? Or even better --- could'nt you have pushed Elrond before you to get roasted? Then Aragorn could have his sweetheart and you could have had the lead role instead of Legolas. I can see you now: " No!!!! Gandalf!!! That is not the pass word into Moria!!! (pushes him aside) Let me do it! After all I am the oldest one here and I know everything!" Sigh!
I think you should have demanded a better story line from your biographer JRRT! He even cuts you out of most of the "Silmarillion" and "Lost Tales"! I am sure you have had a most exciting life and I want to know more!!! Please tell!!!
Your most devoted fan! jf.
 
Originally posted by lightingstrike
Some people believe that he was the elf that Frodo saw in the dead Marshes. That is truly inpossible since he was burried on the slopes if Mt. Doom and could not have been at The Battle of the Dead Marshes at that point. And yes, all the other info. was correct as well.;)

and wasnt the elf in the dead marshes blonde while gil galad had brown hair?
 
Great point there Baranlas. Yeah after watching it again, Gil-Galad does look cool with his one half second scene!:p he should of used more. Oh by the way. that was sarcasim about how cool he looked!
 
Re: Gil-Galad

Originally posted by jfsandiego
Hello Gil-Galad High King of the Elves.
While all the other teen-age girls were gushing over Legolas, I fell for you. You are quite the best looking Elve around!. When I saw you in the Prologe I was very impressed, hoping to see more of you. So I was very disappointed that you died so prematurely! If you had to die --- couldnt you die at Helm's Deep instead of Haldir? Or even better --- could'nt you have pushed Elrond before you to get roasted? Then Aragorn could have his sweetheart and you could have had the lead role instead of Legolas. I can see you now: " No!!!! Gandalf!!! That is not the pass word into Moria!!! (pushes him aside) Let me do it! After all I am the oldest one here and I know everything!" Sigh!
I think you should have demanded a better story line from your biographer JRRT! He even cuts you out of most of the "Silmarillion" and "Lost Tales"! I am sure you have had a most exciting life and I want to know more!!! Please tell!!!
Your most devoted fan! jf.
WOW!I'm impressed.Actually there are some more things in internet:
http://imladris.nu/claudio/slgilgalad.html
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/tolkien/44954's



the second one is very interesting
 
"No!!!! Gandalf!!! That is not the pass word into Moria!!! (pushes him aside) Let me do it! After all I am the oldest one here and I know everything!" Sigh!"

Actually Gandalf is a lot older than Gil-Galad.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top