• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Gollum, post-ring.

e also left the Entmoot awfully early
Yes, Bregalad had already made up his mind before they even got to discussing the facts needing to be agreed on before the rest of them could even think about deciding anything. An interesting pair, Bregelad and Fangorn... they may have been called 'friends' in the English tongue. Fangorn, eldest, wisest, and dare I say... slowest in ages gone by... and Bregalad hastiest of them all.

I think so much human contact wore off on Treebeard after a period of time, and he found Quicbeam more...understandable. The Elves themselves were quite a hasty folk you know.
 
I think he’d commit suicide. Life without the ring in existence would be too much for him to bear. Life would have no meaning.
 
I think he’d commit suicide. Life without the ring in existence would be too much for him to bear. Life would have no meaning.
With destruction of the ring, the ring itself would loose power to keep Gollum yearning for it.
I think Gollum would just quickly become very old, and die.
Maybe, if they manage to transport him to Valinor before he dies, he would live some longer.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…