• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Grond: Mace or Hammer?

Grond: Mace or Hammer?

  • Mace

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Hammer

    Votes: 13 50.0%

  • Total voters
    26
Wait a minute.......was'nt Grond a battering ram? Thats how I pictured it when I read the book......
Oh great, now IM confused...*sigh*
Anyway, I think a morning star and a flail are two separte things, not the same, but seperate and their just alike.

:::Offtopic:::
[This is my first post on TTF.
Im so exicted:D its quite the neat site]
 
hehe. I said it WAS better. It just wasnt a lord of the rings. doesnt mean LOTR is better. I just liked LOTR more and the sil is very different from LOTR. oh btw-i just read about how ancalagon the black was slain!!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHA :p
 
Ohhh...were talking about the Sil....
Well, they DO have the same name you know...it can get a guy confused.
I am reading The Sil currently, and I find its.....confusing...
Right now Im at the part where Feanor made the Sils and he likes them and Melkor is making lies and stuff....
In the beginning w/ all the gods and stuff though, that was really confusing.

I have a question, is this site made by AGN??
B/c Ive been there, and these places are identical, I swear...
 
melkor was always lying. I love how all the things in that book conects and unconnects and reconnects stuff from LOTR. Very confusing. Book mark the index if you get in trouble with the 70 something pages worth of names.
 
Lol:)
Ill do that, seeing as I dont know who any of the gods are at all, whatsoever, but oh well.
 
Last posted by Anárion
In the beginning w/ all the gods and stuff though, that was really confusing.
Yeah, it is inevitable to find the Sil difficult and muddled when you first read it. But after a few times I at least came to realize that the Ainulindalë is probably the best part of the book! :eek:
Well, I mean apart from the Narn i Hîn Húrin, there's no beating that! ;) :D
 
Personally I have always considered a mace as a range of weapons, all of which could be described as maces. I have considered a hammer as a mace type weapon.

I have thought that the description for a mace was the following; a single shaft with a single blunt end, either spiked or not. A hammer fits that description perfectly, and I have always considered it a mace.

Weapons that I do not consider maces are the following; flail, morning stars, all bladed weapons, any ranged weapons, clubs.
 
Originally posted by Lantarion
Well, I mean apart from the Narn i Hîn Húrin, there's no beating that! ;) :D

Ok, guess who guess speak Elvish?

Hmm.......ummm......Hey I got it!!!
I cant speak Elvish!!
Wow...thats amazing...
 
Originally posted by Nenya Evenstar
Hey Anamatar! I think you should add another option to the poll - The Moderator. I always thought that Grond was a mod too! :confused:
Yeah,I totally agree with you.I would add only:"...and our Master Tolkienologist"
 
I hated the Turin part... made me cry... don't want to cry... so sad and nothing went right. I don't mind an occassional tragedy if something goes right but when nothing goes right I get frustrated!!! urg... I like Beren and Luthien... that was beautiful... Turin just depressed me. Great story I suppose if you like being depressed or if nothing depresses you, but I am already easy enough to make cry and and and...

ramble ramble ramble.

Elgee turns off the broken record.
 
Elgee,don't you think that the part about Turin depresses everybody.Turin's fate makes even me crying.:( :( :(
 
I'm already using up enough kleenex as it is... stupid cold... Yeah... I guess it was supposed to make us cry, but it was sooooooooooooo sad... I mean, everybody died... practically.
 
I think it is interesting... what exactly is a mace like hammer and how does it vary from a hammer like mace? Or was he swinging it in a mace like way?
 
Well a mace like hammer swung like a hammer like mace is....
Wait lemme start again.
A hammer like mace of the mace and the hammer of.....ok, WHAT did you just say Strider???
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top