• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Father braided mine in my hair from since I was a small child, so I don’t know where he got them from. I’ve just been using his stash of them since he said they looked better on me than him.
 
*Takes two ribbons in a flash then secretly disappears for a while*

"Comes back, clad in sky blue and white robes with two light-blue ribbons in my hair*

*Twirls around happily*

Hey, how do I look? I daresay I probably look more like a Maia of Manwë now, with this pale blue aesthetic...
 
*Maeglin picks some white ones*
Mommy would they look good with my hair?
*Looks at Amaniel*
You look pretty!but we don't look the same now!
 
Hmm, I wonder if there would be a better color than gold for me in here somewhere. Gold would probably look pretty good, though. What do you guys think?
 
Lalwen:I think I can see some beige ones around here,let me see!
*Looks for them for a while*
Aha!here they are! there you go dear!
 
*Maeglin picks some white ones*
Mommy would they look good with my hair?
*Looks at Amaniel*
You look pretty!but we don't look the same now!
*A light flashes around me before it dims and I appear in black robes again, but the blue ribbons are still there*

*Picks Maeglin up and twirls him around*

Better, little one?
 
*Lómion,deep in thoughts*
Maybe I should wear blue instead of black?
Mama?
Aredhel:I had an outfit tailored for you especially since you also belong to the house of Nolofinwe,let me get it!
*She and Lómion leave the room and come back with Lómion wearing them*
*Lalwen picks out some gold and deep blue ribbons and braids them in Lómion's hair*
*Lómion copies Amaniel*
How do I look?!
 
*Lómion,deep in thoughts*
Maybe I should wear blue instead of black?
Mama?
Aredhel:I had an outfit tailored for you especially since you also belong to the house of Nolofinwe,let me get it!
*She and Lómion leave the room and come back with Lómion wearing them*
*Lalwen picks out some gold and deep blue ribbons and braids them in Lómion's hair*
*Lómion copies Amaniel*
How do I look?!
*Chuckles softly*

Beautiful as ever! I think I prefer you in blue!

*A light glows around me and my apparel turns into a light blue once more*

Yay! We look similar again!
 
Aww, you really think so? 🥺

*Amrod and Amras sneak in and turn the evil clone back on, and then run away*

Evil Clone: How dare you! I'm the better looking Maedhros! Despite this uh, unfortunate dye incident, at least I don't have any scars! *steals the bucket of ribbons*
 
*Teleports in front of the Evil Clone, snatches bucket away; unsheathes metal sword faster than any other can react and slashes the Evil Clone into pieces before it disintegrates into nothing*

Hmph. That's better. Now, Amrod and Amras! Come here and repent of your nefarious deeds!
 
*Sheathes sword swiftly and heaves a soft sigh*

Sorry if I scared you, Lómion, Aredhel. I've spent a lot of time sparring with Mandos himself, so...I guess....

*giggles a little*
 
I'm, uh, slightly traumatized now by seeing another version of me slashed to pieces. 😳
 

Similar threads

Back
Top