- Joined
- Nov 28, 2022
- Messages
- 3,750
For the sake of knowledge, of course. You are mostly Noldo yourself, you must know what I am talking about. Once I become curious about something, I must try my hand at it. Results may vary widely if it is too different from my usual activities... but I end up learning something whether I succeed or fail.*gives a nod with an understanding look* I’m curious, Curvo, whatever inspired you to attempt doing such a thing? You don’t strike me as someone who would mess with sugar.
(Yeah, it was fine. Worst part was realising how much of a silly sausage I can be sometimes. I embarrassed myself even though no-one was watching, lol.)(Wow, what an experience that was, I’m sure! Hope your jaw and teeth were okay!)
*mildly sticks his tongue in his cheek and glances to the side for a moment, positive that “mostly Noldo” was meant to be an insult towards his lineage* *nods once in agreement to the rest of what Curvo says*For the sake of knowledge, of course. You are mostly Noldo yourself, you must know what I am talking about. Once I become curious about something, I must try my hand at it. Results may vary widely if it is too different from my usual activities... but I end up learning something whether I succeed or fail.
What's that saying? 'Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back'.
*can never resist a good pun and chuckles a bit*Yes, the pursuit of knowledge can indeed prove fruitful, and more so when you dare to go beyond your comfort zone. I am glad you didn’t get too stuck in your efforts this time around, at least. *pauses*
*blinks in confusion* Well. I have never heard that second half. It indeed makes no sense at all. Where did you hear it? *almost visibly, the cogs are starting to turn in his brain* I wonder if it was a Sindarin or Avarin version and something was lost or confused in translation. Or perhaps it got blended with an entirely different saying...I’ve heard the first part of that phrase before, but the second half is new to me. I thought it was “Curiosity killed the cat, because it was caught by the gnat.” Never made much sense to me. 🤔
*Busy emptying the bucket of chocolate popcorns and doesn't hear him the first time*It was centuries ago, but I’m pretty sure I overheard it from Írisse one day, after she had gone out hunting with some of the Grey Elves. She was in a mood and grumbling something about it. I caught the first part, but I thought she was saying something about gnats after that.
*turns to his sister* Íri, do you remember what it was?
*is quietly amused**Busy emptying the bucket of chocolate popcorns and doesn't hear him the first time*
What?
*Still chewing*
Laurinalótë: Yes, that is my name. Heh, I can go unnoticed if I choose to. I am here because I wanted someone's comfortable hair to sit in, and yours is the only unenchanted one here (besides Amrod). I don't know what effect it might have on me should I sit in the others'... even though I cannot see the enchantment still. *respectfully glares at Yavanna* Yes, respectfully glares.*Maitimo is startled at Laurinalotë speaking to him but quickly relaxes due to her soothing properties*
Oh, hey there, what was your name again? Laurelin? No... Laurinalotë? I think that's right. I almost forgot you were there. Why'd you come hang out in my hair anyway?
(Also, welcome back, Glorfy!)
My lady said through the end of the party... Has it even started yet?True. It's still awfully jarring to see everyone here with red hair... How long will that enchantment last anyway?
Yavanna (who can read minds): Laurinalótë's excuse of an answer. Of course you her favorite are.*is secretly bummed that the answer is not that he's Laurinalotë's favorite or has the best hair but doesn't say anything*
No... Maglor is taking quite a while to get supplies.My lady said through the end of the party... Has it even started yet?
...wait, really? *blushes*Yavanna (who can read minds): Laurinalótë's excuse of an answer. Of course you her favorite are.
I mean, fair. I'm a Nolofinwian-er myself. I liked them so much I gave the kingship to them and I don't regret it!Laurinalótë: Yes, but I'm a Nolofinwëan-er through and through.
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Are you happy to accept cookies and these technologies?