• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*gives a nod with an understanding look* I’m curious, Curvo, whatever inspired you to attempt doing such a thing? You don’t strike me as someone who would mess with sugar.
For the sake of knowledge, of course. You are mostly Noldo yourself, you must know what I am talking about. Once I become curious about something, I must try my hand at it. Results may vary widely if it is too different from my usual activities... but I end up learning something whether I succeed or fail.

What's that saying? 'Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back'.
 
For the sake of knowledge, of course. You are mostly Noldo yourself, you must know what I am talking about. Once I become curious about something, I must try my hand at it. Results may vary widely if it is too different from my usual activities... but I end up learning something whether I succeed or fail.

What's that saying? 'Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back'.
*mildly sticks his tongue in his cheek and glances to the side for a moment, positive that “mostly Noldo” was meant to be an insult towards his lineage* *nods once in agreement to the rest of what Curvo says*

Yes, the pursuit of knowledge can indeed prove fruitful, and more so when you dare to go beyond your comfort zone. I am glad you didn’t get too stuck in your efforts this time around, at least. *pauses*

I’ve heard the first part of that phrase before, but the second half is new to me. I thought it was “Curiosity killed the cat, because it was caught by the gnat.” Never made much sense to me. 🤔
 
Last edited:
*entirely disregards Fingon's change in expression, as he was simply Stating Facts*

Yes, the pursuit of knowledge can indeed prove fruitful, and more so when you dare to go beyond your comfort zone. I am glad you didn’t get too stuck in your efforts this time around, at least. *pauses*
*can never resist a good pun and chuckles a bit*
(Curufin always appreciates puns, no matter the situation and no matter how awful they are... one of the very few things Fëanor finds bewildering or questionable about his son is this aspect of his sense of humour.)

I’ve heard the first part of that phrase before, but the second half is new to me. I thought it was “Curiosity killed the cat, because it was caught by the gnat.” Never made much sense to me. 🤔
*blinks in confusion* Well. I have never heard that second half. It indeed makes no sense at all. Where did you hear it? *almost visibly, the cogs are starting to turn in his brain* I wonder if it was a Sindarin or Avarin version and something was lost or confused in translation. Or perhaps it got blended with an entirely different saying...
 
Last edited:
It was centuries ago, but I’m pretty sure I overheard it from Írisse one day, after she had gone out hunting with some of the Grey Elves. She was in a mood and grumbling something about it. I caught the first part, but I thought she was saying something about gnats after that.

*turns to his sister* Íri, do you remember what it was?
 
It was centuries ago, but I’m pretty sure I overheard it from Írisse one day, after she had gone out hunting with some of the Grey Elves. She was in a mood and grumbling something about it. I caught the first part, but I thought she was saying something about gnats after that.

*turns to his sister* Íri, do you remember what it was?
*Busy emptying the bucket of chocolate popcorns and doesn't hear him the first time*
What?
*Still chewing*
 
*Laurinalótë looks around at the food chaos from her positions atop Maitimo's head, in the vase, and everywhere else she is* My lady Yavanna, may I ask what were the ingredients to the Coivië Elixir, which brought me to life?

Yavanna from her position outside the Ring of Chaos: Not popcorn and melted chocolate. Lethal would such have been. And an accident it was...

Laurinalótë: I thought you said you sang me into existence. So how can it be an accident? *smirks and pats Maitimo's head with her leaves* Looks like Valar can make mistakes.

Yavanna, ignoring the last statement: Singing you into existence was the accident not. Watering you with the Coivië Elixir was. *shoots an annoyed look in the general direction of Aulë's forge*
 
*Maitimo is startled at Laurinalotë speaking to him but quickly relaxes due to her soothing properties*

Oh, hey there, what was your name again? Laurelin? No... Laurinalotë? I think that's right. I almost forgot you were there. Why'd you come hang out in my hair anyway?

(Also, welcome back, Glorfy!)
 
*Maitimo is startled at Laurinalotë speaking to him but quickly relaxes due to her soothing properties*

Oh, hey there, what was your name again? Laurelin? No... Laurinalotë? I think that's right. I almost forgot you were there. Why'd you come hang out in my hair anyway?

(Also, welcome back, Glorfy!)
Laurinalótë: Yes, that is my name. Heh, I can go unnoticed if I choose to. I am here because I wanted someone's comfortable hair to sit in, and yours is the only unenchanted one here (besides Amrod). I don't know what effect it might have on me should I sit in the others'... even though I cannot see the enchantment still. *respectfully glares at Yavanna* Yes, respectfully glares.

(Thank you, Knightimo!)
 
True. It's still awfully jarring to see everyone here with red hair... How long will that enchantment last anyway?
My lady said through the end of the party... Has it even started yet?

*is secretly bummed that the answer is not that he's Laurinalotë's favorite or has the best hair but doesn't say anything*
Yavanna (who can read minds): Laurinalótë's excuse of an answer. Of course you her favorite are.

Laurinalótë: Yes, but I'm a Nolofinwëan-er through and through.

Yavanna: A word that is not.

Laurinalótë: You didn't make me that dumb. I know.
 
My lady said through the end of the party... Has it even started yet?
No... Maglor is taking quite a while to get supplies.

Yavanna (who can read minds): Laurinalótë's excuse of an answer. Of course you her favorite are.
...wait, really? *blushes*


Laurinalótë: Yes, but I'm a Nolofinwëan-er through and through.
I mean, fair. I'm a Nolofinwian-er myself. I liked them so much I gave the kingship to them and I don't regret it!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top