• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
Fingon: No, I would really rather he not hold the cub. Ereinion, —

*Huan quickly stands up and pulls Ereinion back a few steps, taking hold of his tunic in his teeth gently*

*Ereinion pouts, and keeps trying to pull forward towards the tiger cub, but Huan holds onto him tightly*

*Huan flashes a look to Fingon that says, “Come get your kid.”*
 
*Tyelko is oblivious to what's happening as he continues doting on the cub (which is a white one)*
Tyelko: what should I name him?...oh I know!
*Aredhel looks at him and seeing the look on his face,she quickly shakes her head*
No Tyelko! Don-
Tyelko: you shall be Yaulofinwë!
Aredhel: no!
(I don't know if it is a correct way to connect them but who cares lol!)
 
*flicks tail lazily* Yaulë needs nothing more. It is the intent of the gift that counts, and infinitely more valuable is to share meat at the table with Metal Hand.
Alright, then. Is Metal Hand my brother Curufin?

You just have to tell him not to!
*Scratches the tiger's ears as he gives a tiny growl and settles in Tyelko's arms*
Isn't he just so ...cute?🥺🥺🥺
Curufin: Looks like you'll have to keep Laurinalótë in your hair, brother. *snickers*
Seems too great a risk. What if Laurinalotë wants to leave? What if someone pulls the flowers out of my hair? What about when I'm simply washing my hair?? If I need magic flowers in order to not get mauled by my new pet then I'm not gonna do it.
 
Alright, then. Is Metal Hand my brother Curufin?
Yaulë: Yes. His hands hold metal, more often than not. He and I both bask in the glow of the Warm Fireplace for hours.

Seems too great a risk. What if Laurinalotë wants to leave? What if someone pulls the flowers out of my hair? What about when I'm simply washing my hair?? If I need magic flowers in order to not get mauled by my new pet then I'm not gonna do it.
Curufin *happily*: I was being facetious, brother.
 
Well he isn't going to maul me. So Yaulofinwë it is!
*eyebrow raised* Riiiight… you better establish some strong ground rules with it when it learns to understand you.

*still carrying Ereinion, walks over to Maitimo* Are you asking him what he calls all of you? What does he call me? *reaches up a hand to give him a small scritch behind the ears*
 
Yaulë: *kneading with paws a little* Strong Voice. Need I say more?
Oh, that feels good. That shoulder is always rather stiff, you see.

*still carrying Ereinion, walks over to Maitimo* Are you asking him what he calls all of you? What does he call me? *reaches up a hand to give him a small scritch behind the ears*
Yeah, he has names for all of us. I'm Sunset, Curvo is Metal Hand, and Tyelko is Strong Voice. *speaking cat to Yaulë* Do you have a name for Finno here?
 
*Brings Yaulofinwë near to Curvo and holds him close to him*
Say hi to our new brother!
*Yaulofinwë tries to maul Curvo*
Argh! *tries to ward off the swipe at his neck and gets his arms scratched instead*
Tyelko, I've had enough of scruffy beasts trying to throttle me! This is the second time, and I'm most definitely over it!
 
*Laurinalótë smirks and rustles Maitimo's hair.* I'm also here for my own personal enjoyment. Enjoy the side effects.

*still carrying Ereinion, walks over to Maitimo* Are you asking him what he calls all of you? What does he call me? *reaches up a hand to give him a small scritch behind the ears*
Yavanna: I think called Golden Flowered Horror you should be.

Laurinalótë: Wow, name me after my sister's favorite person why don't you.
 
*eyebrow raised* Riiiight… you better establish some strong ground rules with it when it learns to understand you.

*still carrying Ereinion, walks over to Maitimo* Are you asking him what he calls all of you? What does he call me? *reaches up a hand to give him a small scritch behind the ears*
I'm quite hard to understand I know.

I think he calls you boring dad who doesn't let his son have some fun.
*Keeps Yaulofinwë away from Curvo as he tries to scratch his face*
 

Similar threads

Back
Top