• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Hair Dye, Cloning and General Epic Chaoticness

Welcome to the Chaotic RP of TTF! This is a fun, spontaneous, lighthearted, and most importantly, chaotic RP which is available to anyone who wishes to join. While our primary goal is to have fun, we have a few rules in order to keep some method to the madness.
  • Firstly, each character belongs to their respective TTF user. In other words, you can't write for a character if someone else has claimed that character. If you're new to the thread, please ask the group which characters are available before you claim one.
  • Even though this thread is chaotic and spontaneous, we do have a storyline going. If you're new to the thread, please read the most recent few pages, or more, so you're caught up on what's going on.
  • Make sure to interact with other people's characters. Don't just go off and write your own thing without interacting with anybody.
  • Don't completely ignore or change the storyline.
  • At the same time, please be flexible if someone introduces a new turn of the plot. This is not a carefully planned RP, and it needs to have flexibility for any chaotic new thing someone comes up with (within reason-- it does need to connect to the main story at least loosely).
  • If you are writing for multiple characters, use a script format to indicate which character is speaking. Use asterisks* to denote action. For example:
    • Maitimo: *tries to shake Celeraccoon off his arm* STOP BITING ME, TYELKO!
  • Try to keep spam to a minimum. I would define "spamming" in this thread as writing more than a page over the course of a few hours. (This can be a tough one to follow, I know.) But spamming makes it hard for other people to keep up.
  • At the same time, if you're going to be absent for an extended period of time, we recommend writing your character out temporarily (such as having them disappear or go somewhere) so other people can continue while you're gone.
That's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to ask!
 
Last edited:
*taps on the shield* No, feels pretty real to me. I don’t think Father would re— HEY!!! *feels the pelting of ice cubes on the shield and holds it up in defense*

*nods once in agreement with Maedhros* *responds in low tone* Right. I think we may have some in the back storage room. Think you can cover for me?

*calls out to Aredhel and Celegorm* Oh, it’s on!!! Don’t think we’re gonna go down without a fight, though!
 
*nods once in agreement with Maedhros* *responds in low tone* Right. I think we may have some in the back storage room. Think you can cover for me?
I'll cover for you, brother! *straps shield to right arm, hurls a water balloon at Celegorm*

*Fëanor walks in, immediately gets pelted with the water balloon*

Maitimo: Oops...
 
Fëanor: What exactly was THAT for, Nelyo? I finally get out of the Halls of Mandos and THIS is how I'm greeted?

Maitimo: Sorry, Atar... I was aiming for Tyelko...

Fëanor: You clearly need to work on your aim, then. *gazes disdainfully at everyone* What sort of childish tomfoolery is this?
 
*Celegorm walks out of his hiding spot and goes and embraces Maedhros*
It was nice knowing you brother. I shall forever keep your memory in my heart.
*Turns to the rest*
Today we're gathered to celebrate the life of my eldest brother Nelyafinwë Maitimo Russandol Maedhros...and all the other titles you may know him by.
*Tears up*
He was the sanest person I've ever known...
 
Maitimo: *starts digging himself a grave* The sanest person you know? That's a low bar indeed.
Celegorm: don't interrupt me!
What I was saying? Oh yes! He was the sanest person in our family and possibly our clan. Who knows? I'm sure he is already scolding me from six feet under...
*Aredhel waves at Fëanor as a greeting*
 
Fëanorians? Dramatic?! Stop being ridiculous brother!
*Stares at half-diged grave of Maedhros*
They could never!
Maitimo: *grabbing a fistful of flowers and closing his eyes* No, we would never be dramatic, not us!

Celegorm: sometimes I almost hear his voice...*sobs*
And all I want to tell him is;
at least I had a speech prepared! What about your dear Findekáno who didn't even shed a tear?
Everyone grieves in their own ways, I suppose...

*leans down and whispers to Maedhros* So… should I still fetch the pink paint gun? I’d really like to nail Celegorm right about now.
Not now, it would be disrespectful at my funeral!

Fëanor: Where did I go so wrong?! I thought I raised my eldest to be rational and responsible! This is what I get for being dead the last several hundred years. Get out of there, Nelyo. *grabs him by the arm and yanks him out*

Maitimo: Grave robber!!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top