• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Halloween Movies 🎃

images (1).jpeg
 
I don't remember noticing it in Bedlam, either.

The Val Lewton RKO films are interesting for many reasons, including the fact that all of them, except for one or two, feature female protagonists.
 
I would have liked to meet Lon Chaney, Sr., for his amazing character work in the silent film era as the Phantom and other roles. He was a master of disappearing into any part he was given, both physically and through his skill in makeup. ✨

Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi would be fun to meet too, though! I love their work in the early classic monster and horror films.

As an aside, I grew up knowing Vincent Price's voice as the dastardly Professor Ratigan in Disney's animated The Great Mouse Detective, so it's been interesting over this last year learning more about VP's prominent place in horror film history.
 
I would have liked to meet Lon Chaney, Sr., for his amazing character work in the silent film era as the Phantom and other roles. He was a master of disappearing into any part he was given, both physically and through his skill in makeup. ✨

Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi would be fun to meet too, though! I love their work in the early classic monster and horror films.

As an aside, I grew up knowing Vincent Price's voice as the dastardly Professor Ratigan in Disney's animated The Great Mouse Detective, so it's been interesting over this last year learning more about VP's prominent place in horror film history.
"Bravo! Bravo! A marvelous performance! Although I was expecting you fifteen minutes earlier. Trouble with the chemistry set, old boy?"

For the readers of the original SH stories by AC Doyle there quite a few Easter eggs in that movie (like the one above).
It was too fuuny (but also gratifying) when I saw it in the theatre..
Every time an easter egg showed up someone from the audience would yell out "Precisely!"
The "readers" knew the significance, but a lot of the audience did not.
 
He was born in St Louis (as was moi **) in 1911

Yep. Vincent Price's first homes were close to what would be my parents' neighborhoods (my parents being born 25-30 years after Mr. Price). A short drive from where I live now.


When I think "Vincent Price", Doctor Phibes is what pops into my mind first. A very memorable and entertaining character.
 
I've met several B-movie actors and actresses from going to a local movie convention every year. I think my favorite was Charles Herbert, who was in The Fly (the good one), The Monster that Challenged the World, etc. He was super interesting to talk to.

Also met a lot of elderly Hammer girls who had a lot of good stories about working with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.

Also a blurry (better off for you :D) picture of me with George Kosana, who played the sheriff in Night of the Living Dead:
1791229145311.png


Beverly Washburn (from Spider Baby) in 2019 with a friend of mine:
1791229372720.png
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top