Anduniel
New Member
- Joined
- Jul 18, 2024
- Messages
- 3
Hello, I want to get a ring from Jans Henson, the company that made the One Ring for the movies. I want an Elvish inscription for my motto "After the darkest night, the sun always rises."
Here's what I've come up with so far:
Apa anmornië lómë -- After the darkest night
i anar illumë orya -- the Sun always rises, OR
i anar en orya -- the Sun still rises
But I wonder if saying this would be more appropriate for the second line?
i anarórë -- the sunrise
I'm also trying to find out if in Quenya "apa an--" would drop one of the "a"s to not have two vowels at the end and then start of a word, like Italian does, and be "ap'anmornië" but haven't seen any contractions/apostrophes in Tolkien's works.
I'm also considering this, short and simple:
Apa lómë, i anarórë
"After the night, the dawn (sunrise)."
I'd be spending about $1K on this ring, so I need to be 100% comfortable and in love with the translation!
Thanks!
Here's what I've come up with so far:
Apa anmornië lómë -- After the darkest night
i anar illumë orya -- the Sun always rises, OR
i anar en orya -- the Sun still rises
But I wonder if saying this would be more appropriate for the second line?
i anarórë -- the sunrise
I'm also trying to find out if in Quenya "apa an--" would drop one of the "a"s to not have two vowels at the end and then start of a word, like Italian does, and be "ap'anmornië" but haven't seen any contractions/apostrophes in Tolkien's works.
I'm also considering this, short and simple:
Apa lómë, i anarórë
"After the night, the dawn (sunrise)."
I'd be spending about $1K on this ring, so I need to be 100% comfortable and in love with the translation!
Thanks!
