Lostinthewoods
New Member
- Joined
- Sep 1, 2022
- Messages
- 7
Hello community,
I really need your help with something important. I recently lost a dear friend of mine, and I really want to get a tattoo to remember and honor him by. He was a huge fan of lotr, and had an immense knowledge of the lotr universe. After a lot of thought I concluded that getting a tattoo in tengwar would be perfect. However, I’m scared that my attempts of finding the correct translation will leave me branded with the wrong word. I therefore humbly ask your help. I’m torn between the word «farewell» and his name. His name was Håvard (or Haavard if that is easier). His name means «tall guardian» or «protector». I read in a different thread that it is important to know the origin of the name. Is there perhaps someone here who could help me translating this? It would mean the world, and I would be forever grateful.
Humble thanks.
I really need your help with something important. I recently lost a dear friend of mine, and I really want to get a tattoo to remember and honor him by. He was a huge fan of lotr, and had an immense knowledge of the lotr universe. After a lot of thought I concluded that getting a tattoo in tengwar would be perfect. However, I’m scared that my attempts of finding the correct translation will leave me branded with the wrong word. I therefore humbly ask your help. I’m torn between the word «farewell» and his name. His name was Håvard (or Haavard if that is easier). His name means «tall guardian» or «protector». I read in a different thread that it is important to know the origin of the name. Is there perhaps someone here who could help me translating this? It would mean the world, and I would be forever grateful.
Humble thanks.
Last edited:
