WizardKing
New Member
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2002
- Messages
- 59

Originally posted by Tar-Minyatur
I think there were about 30 rangers who came from the North to aid Aragorn
'All is well,' said Aragorn, turning back. 'Here are some of my own kin from the far land where I dwelt. But why they come, and how many they be, Halbarad shall tell us.'
'I have thirty with me,' said Halbarad. 'That is all of our kindred that could be gathered in haste...'
I don't know the exact number of Rangers, and they weren't really under him, they all considered themselves as equals. But there were quite a few of them in the Grey Company that took the paths of the dead with Aragorn, but the only one named was Halbarad, and yes they did fight at the battle of Pelennor fields, which is where Halbarad died, I wanted him to get a bigger role in the story.
I don't know the exact number of Rangers, and they weren't really under him, they all considered themselves as equals. But there were quite a few of them in the Grey Company that took the paths of the dead with Aragorn, but the only one named was Halbarad, and yes they did fight at the battle of Pelennor fields, which is where Halbarad died, I wanted him to get a bigger role in the story.
I think the OP meant 'under' as in rank, for Aragorn was their Chieftain. I always thought Halbarad was for a large part of the time after Arathorn II's death to be the 'Captain' of the Dunedain Rangers of the North while Aragorn was being raised, and when he was off journeying other parts of Middle-earth and serving the King of Rohan, the Steward of Gondor, and looking for Gollum. My 'head-canon' makes Halbarad older than Aragorn, and I was sad when his name was among the dead of Pelennor Fields.
Nice art, though I only count one son of Elrond and twenty rangers.