I've been thinking a lot on this lately.
What is IQ test? What does it proves?
Is it just some mathematical measuring of someone ability to make sense of "put 6 triangles in this tight space", and if that person can't put then in the way the test is created, is that person necessarily stupid?
For example...
(this was when I was teen)
I had 2 friends... their (nick)names are Raka and Lucky.
Lucky failed the test, Raka passed the test... for Mensa.
So what happened next... Raka was so proud of it, that he always blabbered that he is member of Mensa... and bla bla...
While Lucky stayed the same.
When I tell some (ironic) joke, I noticed Lucky was much faster to smile on this then Raka...
(which made me doubt this mathematical approach of testing intelligence)
What do you think?
What is IQ test? What does it proves?
Is it just some mathematical measuring of someone ability to make sense of "put 6 triangles in this tight space", and if that person can't put then in the way the test is created, is that person necessarily stupid?
For example...
(this was when I was teen)
I had 2 friends... their (nick)names are Raka and Lucky.
Lucky failed the test, Raka passed the test... for Mensa.
So what happened next... Raka was so proud of it, that he always blabbered that he is member of Mensa... and bla bla...
While Lucky stayed the same.
When I tell some (ironic) joke, I noticed Lucky was much faster to smile on this then Raka...
(which made me doubt this mathematical approach of testing intelligence)
What do you think?


