
Gracias.View attachment 43356Per your request @Deimos
No problem. Not sure on this one, I just found it online to add to my post on the thread. I took these two after a storm one night when I thought the clouds looked really cool.Gracias.
Awesome pic... where was it taken?
Yup, I'd never seen them before but it looked like a drawing in the sky. Haven't really seen them since either.Mammatus clouds
(From a weather site) The mammatus cloud is a sign that a strong storm is very close. They look like little pouches hanging down from the cloud. Usually found in the anvil of severe thunderstorms. These clouds aren't threatening but for these to be produced, there is a lot of instability present.
Wikipedia: Mammatus (also called mamma[1] or mammatocumulus, meaning "mammary cloud") is a cellular pattern of pouches hanging underneath the base of a cloud, typically a cumulonimbus raincloud (aka anvil thunderstorm clouds.) They often extend from the base of a cumulonimbus cloud, but may also be found under altostratus, and cirrus clouds, as well as volcanic ash clouds.
When occurring in cumulonimbus, mammatus are often indicative of a particularly strong storm.
The distinct "lumpy" undersides form as cold air sinks, creating pockets that contrast with the rising puffs of clouds caused by the convection of warm air.
I think I've seen them before, a long time ago, and only a few times, and I never learned their name.Yup, I'd never seen them before but it looked like a drawing in the sky. Haven't really seen them since either.
Sometimes visibility extends for several hundred yards...sometimes not.It seems clear - at least to Ent's current perspective - the people driving into that thing are rather - well - unintelligent.
A simple "pull over and wait a few minutes" would reduce the risk to themselves and others by about - oh - 100%.
That said, denser storms than this have been known.
My jaw did drop though - anybody got a bucket of sap, or even some Elmers Glue? Need a bit of repair here.,
And there it is... the quality so infrequently found. 🙃common sense
"Window Licking Squirrel" is now my bar trivia team name.