• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

More Riddles in the Dark

My beauty was of great fame
That's what they said.
Due to 'fangs and flame'
All my bros got dead.


:)
 
Whoops- yep, you're right.



The last of my kind,
But I am yet half.
Food I went out to find,
Before I sent the doomed one on his path.
 
And now, without further ado ... silly or not, here it comes!

My first half inside a round oven is planted
Growing gold without sunlight until scent is granted
My second half with the first, Halflings will take
So "half" it and eat it too, fresh-baked __________ !
 
This one is a bit easy, so I want the person and the place.

Half height pigsfoot was my early form.
I watched a hilltop battle storm
Where met we foes of terror and death
Who were cowed by the name of Elbereth.


Edit: I shall be away from the internet over the Easter weekend. There's only one character to fit this (If you haven't read HoME, try to get it without the first line).
 
Last edited:
hmm... a little clash at weathertop... gandalf "dancing" around black sheets? but who watched it? :confused:
(is it plain enough that i haven't read "history..."?:p ;))

c'mon... i'm sure somebody read that somewhere...

:D
 
enough for me to see i'm a little (just 12 volumes of HoMe + some UT; not so far really :rolleyes: ) behind :p
 
Half height pigsfoot was my early form.
I watched a hilltop battle storm
Where met we foes of terror and death
Who were cowed by the name of Elbereth.
Gothmog said:
Aragorn aka Strider. (His charater started out as a Hobbit called Trotter)
He watched the fight on Weathertop between Gandalf and the Nazgul from the Midgewater Marshes and later, with the Hobbits, met the Nazgul in the dell below the ruins of Amon Sul.

Is that correct, and enough?
Absolutely correct. Your go.
 
Ok. I'll give it a go.

To reflect on the future
Is my purpose to be
I'll show you much
But what may you see?
As a guide I am dangerous!
Should you listen to me?
 
taking into consideration that i'll be offline for nearly whole week (and having nothing in mind to post as a riddle, anyway;)), i'll give a go to whoever wants it...

first come, first served :p

have fun
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top