• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

More Riddles in the Dark

Well, it's obviously something that hasn't changed since the beginning of the First Age. It's a land that's long been dead. It's been scorched by a dragon. It was once ruled by two Sindarin lords. It was trafficked by Dwarves and Men. The Ring was inside it at some point. It was a land of some (or many) battle(s). And the return it was cleansed after Aragorn came to the throne...

I don't know, I have to go now... :eek:
 
Speared by the forces of Ulmo seem to suggest a river, or multiple rivers.

Seeing the great march of the elves and the comingof the Atanatari suggest something that was between east and west.

Two Sindarin lord with powers in the trees suggest a forest.

What held the Ring within its grasp before the little folk stole it? The River Gladden perhaps.

Where can we find all of this? I try a long shot, and answer Rhovanion.
 
As per usual, the long shot pays off.
Well done Arvedui.

You're go. :)
 
Okay. Normally I am a lot better at solving riddle than making them, but try this one:

Weak among the evil
Strong among the kind
I can pick the safe way
where others wander blind

The heaviest burden
was mine to bear
And still no word I uttered
No complaint was there to hear

With beasts in the vicinity
they left me on my own
I passed through darkness
And my trail was never shown

And so at last I came
to where it all began
There I could relax
And forget the evil man

While my friends struggled
I was tended well
Until one day my friend
Came back to me from hell

Together we are for ever
None can keep us apart
Until the time may come
When my friend needs a new start.


Which character?
 
No, no, no.
Let's limit the options somewhat: Third Age, not a main character.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top