• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

OOC for All Realms

Joined
Apr 19, 2002
Messages
4,431
This will be the OOC for matters concerning all realms. Each realm could also start its own OOC when needed.


First matter: Starting!

Should we wait until many realms have a few players, or should we go ahead and let those who feel they are ready start?

And whoever does start first, let us known which time of year it is as soon as you decide.

My opinion is we can start each realm whenever the ruler likes (even if there is only two players in the realm). I'm thinking that having the threads started and the settling laid out might draw more players in.

What do those with more experience think?

I know Hithlum's ruler wants to open with an attack in the North and this seems good to me. Doubt it would be large enough to require the involvement of the realms further south though.

If rulers have anything to make known before they do begin, here is where to post it.
 
Realms can commence one by one, but we need to ensure consistancy of the timeline, Nom. This usually was the case as well with the chronicles, picking up players as the game expanded.
 
Whichever realm starts first will set the time of year and guide our timeline. If the realm begins to slow we can change to another. Even if not, we can change after a set amount of time.

Whoever does this, stick dates in the subject of your post or start a thread to post the dates in as time goes by. This section option might be best.
 
Fair enough. Once the threads are running, we can determine which is the best (or most active) to harbor the timeline in.
 
I'm glad another realm is started, but I think there was a misunderstanding. The fogs aren't coming from Angband, its just the weather because of the wet Autumn.

I'll be careful to be as clear as I can in the future.
 
Alatar, this doesn't mean that you will have to change though...you could very well belive that it is morgoths doing ( as this gave me the perfect way to join in;))
 
You may think Morgoth is behind the weather somehow, but it is kind of far-fetched to think it is coming from Angband itself since it will be seen coming up from the plains itself (I would assume).

But just the same, it could be out of concern about a sneak attack that prompts Fingolfin to seek council with Turgon.


But don't worry Alatar, I hadn't stated it very clearly. :eek:
 
I think fog is an inappropriate tool to be used by Morgoth, since fog is basically condensed water, which is the province of Ulmo and loathed by Morgoth and his servants.

For example, in the Third Age, it is suspected that Galadriel sent fog from Lorien over the Anduin to shield the Rohirrim from spying eyes of Dol Guldur and the dark shadow and cloud that emanated from it. See this thread.

Other than that, great IC posts everyone!
 
Alatar, I will take the part of Fingolfin's messenger. I have named him Orodur, and will use him to summon Turgon, so Phenix can open Nevrast whenever he likes and I will enter. Alatar, just as a suggestion, if you would like you can have Fingolfin spot Fingon's cavalry coming in the distance right around the same time that the messengers reach Turgon. This could take care of the problem of nobody playing Fingon yet. Unless somebody already wants to, or if you have something else in mind.
 
Nóm said:
Alatar, just as a suggestion, if you would like you can have Fingolfin spot Fingon's cavalry coming in the distance right around the same time that the messengers reach Turgon. This could take care of the problem of nobody playing Fingon yet. Unless somebody already wants to, or if you have something else in mind.
Sorry i don't understand. Even if Turgon hears about the mist and fingolfin sees the caverly then fingon would still have to talk to fingolfin.
I don't understand?
 
I just ment that way nobody would have to play out Fingon's and his folks' journey to Mithrim. But I see that Iantain is with him so it doesn't matter now.

Also, I can edit my last post to say Fingon does not stop to talk to his father, if you would like?
 
Oops i didn't get that.
So what is our next move, Morgoth is hemmend in the north preparing his strength and everyones happy.
Howabout a orc raid?
Or a Troll?
Or some spirts?
Or dragons?
Or ningas?
Or wizzards?
Ninja wizzards!



Sorry got carried away. Seriously thoughan orc raid would stir it up, once the scouts return saying "its allright" Boom! Yrchs everywhere.
 
Don't worry, Morgoth is not idle. ;)

But we won't be able to have constant battle everywhere, so I hope some interesting stories develope outside of the war.
 
i was just wondering if anyone knows how nevrast was ruled during the time before the move to gondolin - had the gondolin noble houses gotten the form they have in gondolin yet? how much power would they have in nevrast?(in my first post i descibed it as a council i belive, if noone knows how tolkien wanted it, I will keep the heads of the houses as a council with some power..) And most importantly, the houses mentioned in gondolin is ruled by noldor elves, correct?(don't have access to my books right now so i'm a little lost on this one, have a vague memory of 2 of the houses being ruled by sindar elves, but i'm not sure if that's true) would the sindar have anything similiar in nevrast by the time turgon arrived and what happend to those in that case?

wondering as I've never acctually read anything about nevrast and the elves that lived there before turgon except what's stated in the sil...
 
Well the Noldor have not been there dwelling with the Sindar for long. I think the presently you would have two distinct cultures just beginning to blend. I am sure there would be Sindar in high places though.

In the Book of Lost Tales all the houses are ruled by Noldor because in 1917(?) JRRT hadn't really conceived of the Sindar. There were elves who had stayed behind when the others moved to live with the Valar yes, but it was scarcely the same.

Some things in the Lost Tales 'Fall of Gondolin' would not fit into The Silmarillion without some very big changes. I beleive the Lords of the Houses would have been one thing that would change, and I have no doubt some would have been made Sindarin.

But the kind of information you are asking for on Nevrast, basically does not exist, so it is up to your imagination and guessing.
 
great, just the way i like it then;) just though i'd check so i don't get ten ppl yellig at me saying "Tolkien didn't say that!!!"
 
Elven roast?? that's Preposterous!! Bring it oh huge beast!
and by the way, when will that messenger come to me? nevrast is up and running...just feel free to bark in whenever you feels like it!
 

Similar threads

Back
Top