• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

oooooh, pretty! Elgee likes the 👁️eye!

Do you like the eye?

  • Yes. . .

    Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No, I feel like I'm being watched

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I love being watched

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huh? What? Where?

    Votes: 10 43.5%

  • Total voters
    23
dapence said:
It's true that we should perhaps find a more suitable icon to associate with TTF, so if anyone comes across a decent one, please be sure to share it with us.
Ok, Webmaster... But tell us how big it must be? 15x15 pixels? And I think that Ithy or Nóm or Tal can make small Ring. I think that a picture of Silmaril will be great but there isn't good picture of the Jewel or I cannot find. I will search and I will post here if I find something
WM, great avatar though it scares me...
 
Well, 16x16 is the size in the address and bookmarks, but if someone makes a desktop shortcut, it will be 32x32 ... the current icon has several sizes for just this reason.
 
Ingwë said:
WM, great avatar though it scares me...
I was just thinking the same thing the other day *hides*

Oh, it's useless. No one can hide from the Almighty WM!!! The Eye is watching for him! He-he-hee, he he. I'm going to die. Heh he he, heh heh heh, WAAAAAHHHHHH!

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes. Anyway, like I was trying to say before, that's one awesome, gorgeous, if somewhat frightening avatar.

---End of official WM kiss-up section---

(In other words, I didn't notice just how cheesy that was until after I typed it, but I can't think of a better way to say it, lol. I guess I just have to be satisfied with slightly sappy.)

Um, to be back on topic, I always loved the eye, and I've been seeing it pretty consistently in Mozzilla Firebird (don't have FF, am extremely jealous of those who do) I don't think there's anything wrong with having it for a fav icon, but I suppose something a little less evil looking might be slightly more appropriate for our nice Hobbit-hole-like little forum, lol.

P.S. Don't you think it's cute to hide the word *hides*? Huh, don't ya, don't ya? Almost YayGollum-ish, but not really, lol. Where is he anyway? Hasn't been on since late July...this is getting way off topic again. Toodles.
 
Elgee, I thought of you when I was looking through the Mozilla Firefox browser themes and I saw this one. (scroll to the end of the page)
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…