• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Orodreth and Gil-galad's parentage

Gil-Galad

in love
Joined
Apr 5, 2002
Messages
3,171
Orodreth's parentage and Gil-galad

[color=sky blue]I split this thread from Elendil3119's 'Geneaologies' thread. -ithrynluin[/color]

Nice site Elendil3119,but I have to add that actually my dad is not Fingon but Orodreth. Can you imagine how I felt when I realized that-awful,cause I don't like Orodreth's character.But Tolkien changed his plans later in the years.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
you imagine how I felt when I realized that-awful,cause I don't like Orodreth's character.But Tolkien changed his plans later in the years.

*pats G-G on the back* There, there my friend. I understand your sorrow, you were once a decendant of Feanor, the son of Finrod, VERY briefly a son of Fingon, and Tolkien goes and chooses the idiot king of Nargothrond as you father. (P.S Can I have your sister, Finduilas's number ;) :p )
 
Originally posted by Inderjit S
*pats G-G on the back* There, there my friend. I understand your sorrow, you were once a decendant of Feanor, the son of Finrod, VERY briefly a son of Fingon, and Tolkien goes and chooses the idiot king of Nargothrond as you father. (P.S Can I have your sister, Finduilas's number ;) :p )
hehehe of course you can.her mobile phone is
[color=sky blue]editted[/color] !But I've got to tell you that if you do something bad to my sis I'm gonna kick you at least.....and then .......!:mad: :mad:

[color=sky blue]Public display of phone numbers is not allowed for security's sake. Especially concerning minors.
-ithrynluin[/color]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Inderjit S
and Tolkien goes and chooses the idiot king of Nargothrond as you father.

Why is Orodreth an idiot? He was just a bit weak-willed and should have taken a stand when the sons of Fëanor tried to usurp Nargothrond. He was a kind and just ruler. It's very sad you should call Orodreth an idiot and yet lionize other Elves who obviously qualify as idiots - you know who I'm talking about. :D
 
G-G, I wan't being seriosu and I didn't want your sisters phone number but it was a jokey reference to wanting the book Finduilas's non-existent phone number.

Why is Orodreth an idiot? He was just a bit weak-willed and should have taken a stand when the sons of Fëanor tried to usurp Nargothrond. He was a kind and just ruler. It's very sad you should call Orodreth an idiot and yet lionize other Elves who obviously qualify as idiots - you know who I'm talking about.

Ithrynluin, my opinion is my own. And I think you may be right in a sense, I will have to have a better view of my prespective father in law. :p ;) :rolleyes:
 
Originally posted by ithrynluin
Why is Orodreth an idiot? He was just a bit weak-willed and should have taken a stand when the sons of Fëanor tried to usurp Nargothrond. He was a kind and just ruler. It's very sad you should call Orodreth an idiot and yet lionize other Elves who obviously qualify as idiots - you know who I'm talking about. :D
.......hmhmhmmh why I think you have Feanor in mind when you talk about idiots?!!He could be everything but not idiot!
 
Originally posted by Gil-Galad
.......hmhmhmmh why I think you have Feanor in mind when you talk about idiots?!!He could be everything but not idiot!

I didn't even mention Fëanor. How come it comes to mind so quickly in association with the word 'idiot' ? :D

But let's keep opinions on Fëanor in the other thread.
 
Originally posted by ithrynluin
I didn't even mention Fëanor. How come it comes to mind so quickly in association with the word 'idiot' ? :D

But let's keep opinions on Fëanor in the other thread.
Because I know your attitude towards him.And I thought you ment him.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top