- Joined
- Nov 30, 2004
- Messages
- 7,882
Black Sabbath's Ozzy Osbourne dies aged 76, his family announces
A statement from his family says Osbourne was with his family and "surrounded by love" when he died this morning.

I had the privilege to watch the Back to the Beginning show online and was devastated. Can't imagine his family and closest friends...let alone the lifelong fans who knew him during his whole carreer. I discovered Ozzy 27 years ago and I'm still having a hard time imagining a world where Ozzy Osbourne is not physically present.My grandparents are really saddened by Ozzy passing so soon after the Back to the Beginning show earlier this month.
I love this album. Black Sabbath is my all time favorite band. I was born in 86' and got into them in 1999 or so after hearing the basement tapes versions of Black Sabbath, War Pigs and Behind the Wall of Sleep. All of them were included in the Double CD "The Ozzman Cometh" that my uncle had bought.I was I guess 15-16 when this came out.
Trivia: The photo was taken at Mapledurham Watermill by photographer Keith "Keef" Macmillan, who chose the location for its gothic feel.
View attachment 44030