• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Paperback unwin editions 80's 90's

DamianM

New Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Messages
4
Hi new here, just a quick one. Wondering if these paperback editions extended to the complete series of HOME? The latest one I have seen is Treason of Isengard. Any help appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • s-l500.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 79
Hi @DamianM.
Many (including me) are reluctant to download an unknown PDF. If you have pics, you can do a direct upload here

At any rate, "Treason" is the last in the Unwind series I've been able to find too. This site is good for bibliography:

 
Well, that site I linked is good, but as I said, I don't believe Unwin continued the series. Unfortunate, for people who prefer a uniform set.

Hitting the "Attach files" box at the bottom of your reply page here should take you to your gallery; select and click on your image -- it should appear here.

And welcome to the forum, by the way! 😊
 
google ai gives us the following surprisingly apt responses-
  • "Bear Friend": The name is derived from the Old English personal name Hūnwine, composed of hūn ("bear cub") and wine ("friend").
  • "Unfriendly": It can also be interpreted as a nickname from the Old English unwine, meaning "unfriend" or "enemy


  • But I think your definition should be included.:)
 

Similar threads

Back
Top