ZehnWaters
Well-Known Member
- Joined
- Nov 29, 2020
- Messages
- 1,673
I am back for my annual round of theoretical questions.
- What happens if Arvedui lives/Arthedain doesn't fall? Angmar falls, sure, but would the North Kingdom try to claim the throne of Gondor (as Aragorn did) when Eärnur dies? (I'm sure I'll have more questions about this one as I plot out future effects).
- How would this affect the Hobbits and the Shire? They were apparently there by then as they remember sending archers to aid in this fight (oof, Hobbit archers, can you imagine the deadly accuracy?).
- Could Arthedain just reclaim all of the other three splinter kingdoms now? That would still technically fulfill the prophecy about Arvedui as Malbeth didn't specify WHICH realm. Though, him taking the throne of Gondor after Eärnur dies could still do that, though he'd be well dead by then (especially with the short lifespan of the Arnor kings).
- Why did the notion of the High King disappear when Isildur died anyway? Was it because Isildur's sons were cousins to the kings of Gondor? That was going to happen eventually anyhow. Was it because of the kings' ages?
- Why do the Kings of Arnor live shorter lifespans than the ones of Gondor? Access to sea air?
- Where the heck were the Istari while this was going down?! It feels like a rather important event. Saruman was always all up in Mannish business (especially the Dúnedain). Gandalf should have been there since it was a major conflict and with a notable power. I suppose Saruman did travel into the East and at some point Gandalf to the South.


