• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Re-forging of Narsil

T

Tom Sommer

Guest
Hi all :)

I was wondering, when did the reforging of Narsil take place? was it at the Counsil of Elrond because then I missed it, it seemed that suddenly Aragorn was carring Andúril?
 
If you are talking about the movie, the reforging of Narsil did not take place at the Council of Elrond, but if you are talking about the books, Narsil was reforged in the week before the Fellowship set out from Rivendell.

By the way, welcome to the forum!:)

--Elendil3119--
 
Thank you :)

Yes I was talking about the book ;)

The re-forging is set to take place in the beginning of the ROTK movie

I guess I missed the reforging then :/
 
It was never described in any book. It was never fully mentioned until the Fellowship was a few pages past Rivendell. You didn't miss more than a few sentences.:)
 
Sword

Is the name of the sword that he used before the reforging ever mention or is any info given about it?
 
In the book he carried Narsil with him all the way, even though it was broken. He had no other weapon. In the film he did have a sword, but I believe it's just called his 'Ranger sword' and doesn't have a name.
 
Before reforging it was called Narsil, the sword that cut the ring from saurons hand in the Last Alliance... after the reforging it is called Andúril
 
There used to be a thread entitled 'Aragorn's Weapon' that discussed why he was caring a broken sword and what other weapons he might possibly have on hand. . . It might be interesting to dig up.
 
I tried, but I couldn't find it... maybe it wasn't called that, or it was spelled wrong or something (or I didn't look hard enough:) )
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top