• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Shadow of the Past movie

Looks interesting. But why does Beren say Hey Hop! every time? Is it an opera thing? A Russian thing? A production thing? None of the other characters do it.

Melian and Leithian look suitably breathakingly lovely.
Dunno, maybe a combination of both. It's sounds kinda uplifting.
 
Considering how modern major IPs have been so far, I have no hope for this being anything other than...
ModernXP-76-Trash-Full-icon.png
 
Somehow it has be paused ....

I think it has more to do with Skydance, owner of Warner Brothers, Paramount, and of CBS who canceled Stephen Colbert as soon as they got their puppets installed after the CBS buyout, from wanting to fund Colbert via Warner Brothers.

Sadly, Warner Brothers made a deal with Embracer who gained ownership of the UA/Zaentz Lord of the Rings rights, but the ones who made the deal no works for Warner Brothers after the Skydance buyout.
 
I have to say, I would really rather have this one than The Hunt For Gollum. It’s a more interesting premise, and I think Colbert would do a better job with it than most. From what I’ve seen of him, he seems like a big fan of the books who would try to be faithful to the source material.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top