• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Something Rotten in the Riddermark

Not sure where you wanted us to start so I kind of threw something in there to set the tone for him. Daranavo will not be so gung ho this time around. He has something to live for and it may conflict with his sense of duty. It will be interesting to see which becomes dominent in his mind.
 
Really good post Daranavo.

Inner conflicts always make for good reading so it will be interesting to see where it leads.

It seems as if your character is already in Edoras? That is basically where everybody needs to be for the main plot line to kick in. My idea is to have a High Summer Fair where all our characters can meet and interact. You know, dancing, feasting, martial contests and the like. It would also be a good place to introduce some of the Rohan Court, as that will play a part in the tale. Also I think Helm Hammerhand is about nineteen at the time of this story, so it will be nice to have him play a cameo.
 
Amazing post, Daranavo! I can see I may just have to step up my game in such fine company. Yay was definitely right about you.
 
Hey Chrys, I'll get a post up tomorrow and set us on the road for Edoras, I'm sure we can have a little fun on the way and get to know each others characters a little better. While I'm sure we have a history, I'm not quite sure what it is just now.

:cool:
 
That post was a duel effort. The part of Aerin was played by none other then Ara. Thank you Ara. I have read other works of yours Chrys and I was impressed. It will be a pleasure to write with you sir.
 
Last edited:
*curtsies*

I was half thinking about writing out a profile for her (I toyed with joining at all even before Dar asked if I'd like to help; but not knowing at all what I was going to do, I was thinking I'd sit back and watch) but I'm having a bit more fun keeping her in the background. I'm not sure if she'll be anything more then someone who drifts in and out of the story as needed and so I'm just letting her have whatever space she needs.

It's a pleasure to have a part in the writing, but in this case -at least and for now- I'm happy to not push her into a leading roll. As it's been said, it should make for an interesting conflict.

=^.^=
 
Another cool post guys, and Ara, if it comes to the point where you feel like posting more later on in the story. I'm sure Aerin would fit in well with a few plotlines in the court.

Anyway, I must apologize for the lateness of my post, just been really busy this week, what with my friend visiting me on Tuesday, the Champion's League final last night, and another visit from my friend tonight. I've been living like a hermit for the past couple of months, and as soon as I start on something people start a-calling. Also I have to step up my game to compete with Ara and Daranavo's posts...:D But there is no rush right? At least I hope not.
 
I, aswell, will wait until the moment is right to post. Hopefully that will not be too far away.
 
Hehe... this horse talk is most strange... but all the better for it.

Sorry for my crappy post, but I'd rather just get something up to continue the story then spend ten weeks trying to write something good. I've had that problem too many times. At least I've brought a few things into the story. Heh.
 
Pffffffffffffft! I wish all my posts were that "crappy"! You are indeed back with a vengeance, old friend. I'd best watch my back!
 
Hehe... thanks Chrys... but I left a lot on the cutting room floor so to speak. And Hengist's eyesight willing, he'll have your back too!!
 
If it suits everyone, my character will stay in Rohan until the fair, at which point he will break free and petition to join the rest of the company - once it is formed.
 
No worries, Miss, Hengist and Haluin will be at the fair shortly anyway I think. We can take things from there.
 
Hello all! I shall be posting my profile here, hopefully later tonight, if not tomorrow morning. And I hope you don't mind, Turgon, but I thought I'd recruit my friend Elfgirl for this also. (She's mildly useful as a romantic interest for my characters... (Elfy, when you see this, please don't hurt me... I like me.))

So; everything kosher?
 
Hehe, that's all well and good then MissI... tries to think of some evil storylines involving horse thieves...:p

And that's fine with me Seregon, though I'm not sure how much time you will have for romance when we are holed up in some desolate place in the deep midwinter. I mean somebody has to get the firewood... and what with Hengist dodgy knee and all.

*sigh*

Hopefully though you are going to play Rohirrim type characters? As I would like to keep as close to the Rider theme as possible. I know Chrys is playing an elf, but too many outlandish races might not sit well, especially considering the Rohirrim's dislike of strangers.

Which reminds me Chrys, I am going to be busy tonight, Thursday is lads night over in the Hidden City. But I'll get us a nice post up tomorrow. Just don't forget to keep that hood up?

Also to Narya, if you are reading this, I forgot to mention in PM, but if you still want to play that character, and are still a little pressed for time, then you need not worry about it. Your posts can come as and when you have time for them.

I think this is the first RP I have written that has gone into double figures, so three cheers to me. *rolls eyes at Yay for doubting*

Hmm... also thinking about it, England play Brazil tomorrow, in what our American cousins like to refer to as soccaar. So I may be a little busy then, probably crying in the aftermath too. So if I don't get a post up in the daytime (GMT) then you may not hear from me... like... ever again...:mad:
 
And that's fine with me Seregon, though I'm not sure how much time you will have for romance when we are holed up in some desolate place in the deep midwinter. I mean somebody has to get the firewood... and what with Hengist dodgy knee and all.

*sigh*

Hopefully though you are going to play Rohirrim type characters? As I would like to keep as close to the Rider theme as possible. I know Chrys is playing an elf, but too many outlandish races might not sit well, especially considering the Rohirrim's dislike of strangers.

*Decides not to make a joke about cold weather and romance*

Ahem... anyway... Yes, all of my characters shall be human (whatever kind this is supposed to be; I'm better discerning that with the other races). I'm just putting the finishing touches on my profiles and I believe Elfy's doing the same for hers. I'll put them in this post when I'm done.

Alright... here they are:

Name: Avari
Race/Age/Gender: Human/20/Female
Appearance: Blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin.
Personality: She’s rather sarcastic and gritty, yet somehow kind at the same time.
History: She lived with her family until she was twelve, yet rarely had anything to do with them; and they didn’t seem to care. She always wanted to do something more than just be a wife to some villager she didn’t much like, so as soon as she thought she could make it, she left. It was difficult, at first, and she took odd jobs to get by, yet she grew into her own as a fighter, and while not being accepted, she was not altogether rejected either.
Weapons: A shortsword and several daggers, not to mention poisons and herbs.
Armor: Leather, unless she absolutely has to have something else.

Name: Leoh
Race/Age/Gender: Human/23/Male
Appearance: Blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin. A bit of facial hair, yet he usually shaves thoroughly.
Personality: Dark, quiet. Dislikes interacting with people, yet he does when he must; always looking for an adventure. He’s a bit of a thief, but he’ll never admit it. He likes to parade around like a gallant knight, secretly laughing at everyone who takes him seriously.
History: He was raised by some pessimistic villagers; as a child he was quite lighthearted, yet he picked up more of their traits than he realized, and soon he was just as cold as they were. He traveled everywhere he could get to, looking for any kinds of adventure which would come his way.
Weapons: A broadsword, two smaller, lighter twin swords, and throwing daggers.
Armor: Leather; if he knows he’s going to be in a major battle, he’ll wear chainmail, yet it’s uncommon at best.

Props to Elfy for letting me use a couple of old character names (I'm horrible at all that), and hope these are alright. And, sorry for my poor histories... I always have to play a character a little bit to really get that well-developed.
 
Last edited:

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top