• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Something Rotten in the Riddermark

Kill you? As you wish *wrings hands together and laughs maniacally*
 
Yes, I was actually waiting for you to post Daranavo. The best thing for Hengist to do in these circumstances is just to stand back I think. Well the best thing for the story anyway...

Interested to see how that pans out.

 
Chrys might as well put a golF ball in Hals mouth cuz Dar is gunna tee off!
 
Last edited:
*Looks around, puzzled, then shrugs* "Interesting, thought I heard someone say something...must've been mistaken."
 
*Fetches the popcorn, kicks back on his beanbag chair, and waits for the fireworks to start.*

I'll let you guys hash out this dispute before I do any more posting.

P.S. Get on with it!
 
Just wanted to leave a note to y'all that I have Finals this week so if you need me to do anything, Turgon, please pm me. I will be popping in and out a lot, but won't be able to stay long enough until after Finals week.

I have been saving the documents on my desktop for reading later.
 
Good post, Dar.

I'm with Ghorim. All for good writing and well done posts, but no slacking! I would like to get to our next co-post and so on to the rest of the story.

...Can I have some of that popcorn?...
 
Well, to be frank, it is highly unlikely someone unknown or cloaked would remain so for very long as suspicious everyone is and the times at hand. I stifled the conflict to maintain what you wanted Chys, I hope you are not dissapointed.
 
Am confused...had I stated I wanted anything in specific? You just made it sound as though the intraction between your character and mine would be more...something, other than it was, I suppose. What you wrote between your character and Hengist is great, though
 
Well initially, I wanted to but physical altercation would of led to the discovery of who Hal is and I got the sense that you wanted to keep his ID secret for now. I just did the best I could to keep it all the way you wanted and move on past the initial meeting.
 
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but if you're interested, go to Member Announcements and read about our Miss Insanity. It seems she was caught up in something rather nasty in Israel and it'll be awhile before she's back with us.
 
Yes, Chrys, unfortunately enough! Thankfully, it's only a temporary delay for her. Here's to a speedy recovery!
 
Hmm... well, I blew off a bit of creative steam in the Glittering Caves section of the Forum. Gradually sketching in Jokim's backstory and such...

Are you folks going to advance/wrap up the current scene soon...? I don't want to cut into it with the grand freak show that I've been planning, but I think it might be best to push things forward soon, personal schedules permitting.

Hope the Fourth was good to you, my fellow Yankees...
 
I worked but got some free food. Anyways, *twiddles thumbs* why not toss your character's backstory type stuffs in here? Through some flashback or story told or something. Or whatever scenes you might have planned. But then, mayhaps that last thing would be encouraging interaction with all. oh well. I have been attempting to catch the Turgon person on those little IMy things. Uttered towards the air ---> I am always here, yo! Always thrilled to help out! Could easily move things along, with permissions!
 
Yeah, I think the problem with tossing all of that exposition into the forum proper is that it clutters things up and cuts Jokim off from all of you guys and your characters. He'd get trapped in his own history, instead of existing in the present.

I actually didn't intend to have any flashbacks, but things have been slow here and I had some time over the holiday, so I started asking myself about the character's past, and a bit of a story line popped out.

To get the real deal on Jokim, though, he'll have to start interacting with the other characters in Edoras. He can't do that while he's holed up in a carriage with Ollie the giant, so I'm hoping we can kick start things a bit and begin throwing characters together and seeing what happens. That's where it gets fun, after all.
 
Yay, please, go ahead if you have something. And Ghorim, as always can't wait to have the ascerbic Haluin begin mixing it up with your dwarf. I've found myself wondering if they might share some sort of connection through being so close location-wise, since Haluin hails from Mirkwood and Jokim is a northern dwarf. Old Dragon troubles perhaps?

Also, Yay, I've been attempting to catch you AND Turgon on the IMthingy as well to chat further plottageses.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…