• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Something Rotten in the Riddermark

Daranavo, Hengist's audience with the king was a little unforeseen by me too, we tried to work with it however as we didn't know quite when you would be back. In situations like this however, it's no problem if you ask for the previous posts to be edited to accomodate your hard work. If you have spent hours working on a post and something is written that will put you out, or you have a better idea, or anything of that sort. Then just let us know. That applies to anybody, and that's what OOC threads are for. We are all ice-cool, frosty people, and we will be more than happy to work together to make a better story.

Of course this is mostly my fault, and just proves my point that Jedi mind-tricks should only be used in extreme circumstances. Using one to get past imperial storm-troopers is good, using one to stop somebody smoking 'death-sticks' is bad. Are you taking note Lucas?

Is shall strive to give this RP the direction it needs in the future. I have been a little lax so far. So Narya and Chrys, can you alter the part in your posts where the audience with the king is mentioned? Daranavo can you post up your original Daranavo and Hengist idea? And Yay - elves are way cooler than dwarves.
 
What's this about elves and dwarves? You'd best watch your words there, friend! Looks like Jokim will just have to prove you wrong.
 
Just some friendly ribbing about an up and coming debate Ghorim, actually I am rather fond of the little coal-biters. Um... I meant doughty beardlings of course.

*coughs* Happy Durin's Day!
 
Well, though I do not know why Hengist is an outcast, I wanted to provide the reader with the notion that Hengists returning was no idle thing and that such an action had risk and importance. I also wanted to get the point across that Daranavo even agreeing to assist him endangers his position as an officer. However, he would risk it due to their friendship and comradery that they once held for one another. Something happens between soldiers who live, fight, bleed and die together. I wanted to bring this to light here. What do you all think because several posts have followed the present line further departing from continuity?
 
Last edited:
As far as I am aware Daranavo, the summons from the King is only mentioned twice. I have sent a PM to Narya and Chrys, asking for them to change their posts to omit that reference from them. If you just hold your post until we hear from them, you should be able to put it up as you originally envisioned it. Again, I will endevour, to direct this RP a little better from now on. Really I should have sent you a PM asking you what your thoughts were...:)
 
Seregon said:
Just out of curiosity... do you even bother reading other people's posts?

It is apparent that Seregon has a specific problem with me. Though I am not certain why, his words are sharp. I would appreciate a little more respect from you Seregon when you write your comments. If you wish to air out whatever it is that is bothering you, please refer to PM's and I will accomodate you. Thank you.

Turgon, I thank you once again for your patience with me. I appreciate your efforts my friend.
 
Multiple oopss! Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, I've edited my post accordingly. :eek:
 
It's worth the time to edit, guys. I've got to get a sneak preview of what Dar's writing and it fits well with where things started out from. :)

We're working on our post as well, Aerin and Daranavo at the festivities... *smiles*
 
You've got mail. For starters it would help things out greatly for Hengist and haluin to remain in the stables for just a bit longer.
 
just waiting on chrys just once more. I truely appreciate the patience.
 
I've editted once again. I decided to just let Daranavo handle the interaction between the characters, since he says this is supposed to be a very serious encounter. Haluin doesn't do serious very well, I'm afraid.
 
I have more, but I feel this exchange is very important for the tempo between several characters and I want to get it right. So here is a good spot to get some insight into Hengist's character and Haluin's as well. Yay, if your character would not relent and just leave let me know I will modify as necessary to get it right. The same goes with Anthrax.
 
I have no large problems. The only difference that I would wish for would be that Eorache the Valiant not know anybody. I'd figure him to be the sort from a smaller town who became a large fan of running all over the place to kill anything that didn't look peaceful because the defenders that he knew in that town weren't impressive enough. His plan is to have his name inspire fear in the enemy. Ick. As poor Rogane lamented, they hardly ever leave the little border towns. As well as, Eorache the Valiant wouldn't be the sort to lend an ear to rumors.

Of course, he could have just heard one thing or two about the Daranavo character. I wasn't sure how familiar you were writing that he was with the guy. He would still have walked away, though. At least because he wouldn't figure it to be any of his business, would be relieved and assuming that those guys were there to take control of a valuable resource.
 
Two things. First of all, Haluin is supposed to be "revealed" as an Elf much later. Despite the fact that Haluin and Hengist have a very long friendship, Haluin has never been to Edoras. You can ask Turgon for those details if you wish. Also...nowhere in my profile does it say Haluin has a bow, just knives and a quarterstaff. I'm running against popular opinion when I say that bows are not necessarily standard issue if one is Elven.

*hastily makes an appointment with a plastic surgeon to have ears bobbed* I seem to be doing a very poor job at disguising Haluin!:(

I'm VERY glad you didn't have Haluin actually leave, because to directly confront him like that when you don't know him is like inviting the Devil to lunch...possibly fascinating in theory, but a very bad mistake in practise. You wanted to learn more about his character? *toothy dragon grin* :D You got it! I'm just wondering if I should post next...?
 
Last edited:
Not sure it is a huge problem if Daranavo recognizes Haluin as an elf, I think anybody who has seen an elf before could work it out, not sure if Daranavo has seen an elf or not though. The majority of the Rohirrim would be in the dark as to what he is however.

Anyways, just a quick few lines, going to be at the hospital for the rest of the day. When I get back I'll write a big post in the OOC to clear a few things up.
 
Thank you, I did the fixes, let me know if there is anything else that looks out of place. The proper tone for this reuinion has been set I feel. Thanks to all.
 
Last edited:

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top