• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Gift Channel

WatcherWraith

Fairë Hyamië(Phantom of Prayer).
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Messages
842
Hear ye, hear ye! Within the halls of this mighty forum, let there ring out the hymns and songs of Christmas cheer! Let the stomping of feet and the clapping of hands echo everywhere! Raise your horns of mead, nog, and other delectable refreshments!

And now...the gifts. Let each receive theirs singly, and all partake in the enjoyment thereof!
 
@Maedhros_Nelyafinwë and @Fingon_Findekáno

Your gift here receive:



"They could have been brothers."

The words were not uncommon when Maitimo and Findekano went walking together. Usually they paid the sentiment little mind; their own conversation was much more interesting. They strolled down the streets of Tirion, the older in red robes and the younger in blue, bridging the differences between their families with their friendship. In these days, nothing could come between them.


"They could have been brothers."

Now the phrase earned resentful looks from Maedhros' siblings, and conflicted stares from Fingon's. As the younger took care of the older, red and blue were exchanged for simple blacks or greys. The cousins clung to each other tighter than ever now, bound by more than just affection. Maedhros woke in the night, his voice hoarse with pain, and Fingon was always there to hold him, and bring him back to reality.


"They could have been brothers."

They met once more on the battlefield, and the soldiers whispered the old words to each other. Maedhros unsheathed his bright sword, and Fingon held up his bow. The sound of war would not let them speak to each other, yet they did not need words. One look, one motion of the hand, and they communicated. Maedhros charged. Fingon reached back into the sky and fired, trusting the wind to carry his shaft true. Today, their foes would fall.

"We could have been brothers."
 
@Tyelkormo the Fair

You gift! Enjoy :]



Mama Coon always said, "When the night cones, we go to bed, and we stay there until the sun comes up."

When Little Boy Coon asked why he should stay in bed so long, when he wasn't a bit tired, Mama Coon shook her long-clawed finger at him. "If you don't stay in bed, the Tyelkoon will get you! Then you'll learn!"

Little Boy Coon asked what the Tyelkoon was, but all Mama Coon would say was, "if ever there was a bigger bundle of cunning and mischief in all the land, she did not know where to find it". So Little Boy Coon was to stay in bed, and not stir until the sun was up, when the Tyelkoon would leave the forest alone.

At first, Little Boy Coon obeyed his mother's warning. He went to bed when the sun went down, and in the summer that was not hard to do. But then winter came, and the days got shorter. Bedtime came earlier. Little Boy Coon stared out his window at the shadows lengthening over a forest floor which had once been sunny, and he grew impatient at the sun, and at the warnings of his mother. But most of all, he began to resent the Tyelkoon, which was the cause of his early bedtime. So late one night, when the whole family but Little Boy Coon was asleep, he got up and went outside, taking only his trusty walking stick with him as a weapon.

He'd never been outside at night before. Little Boy Coon stared up at the black figures of trees, only visible by how they blotted out the rest of the night, and then he saw the stars, and the moon. They shone so bright and so pretty, Little Boy Coon forgot to be afraid, and he stared and stared up at the sky. But he couldn't see them clearly; the trees blocked out so much. So off Little Boy Coon went, towards a clearing he knew, where he would be able to see the stars and the moon more clearly.

He found his clearing, after a longer search through bushes he could hardly see and around tree trunks he accidentally blundered into. And there Little Boy Coon sat down, gazing up at the big, black sky, where so many stars shone, he could hardly believe his eyes. The moon was big and round, like a white-gold plate in the sky, and the little Coon marvelled at that too.

Then he heard twigs snap behind him. Little Boy Coon jumped, and all his mother's warnings came back to his mind. He spun around, clutching his walking stick like a club. He could hardly see anything, it was still so dark. The moon and the stars let him see a little bit, but beyond the clearing all was shadow.

The sound of a chuckle came from his right, and a tree branch rattled. Little Boy Coon whirled again, looking up to see if he could spot his antagonist. But even in the branches, only darkness lingered.

"Not asleep?" Asked a voice from behind him. Little Boy Coon squeaked in alarm and swung his stick in a wide arc, though he hit nothing but air. The voice laughed. "Everyone else is in bed, tiny tyke. Why aren't you?"

Little Boy Coon gripped his stick in paws strong with fear. "I came to fight you!" He cried out. "You're the Tyelkoon, aren't you? You're the reason we can't play outside when the sun goes down anymore! Come out and I'll...I'll show you better!" He squinted as hard as he could into the night, but still the Tyelkoon could not be seen.

The voice snorted. It now came from his right. "You silly boy. I don't hunt babies like you. I hunt the scary things which prowl at night. The wolves and the spiders, the bears and the nightbirds. You're no fun; you're too small and easy to sneak up on."

"Am not!" Little Boy Coon yelled. He waved his walking stick. "Show yourself, and I'll give you a reason to fear me!"

Through the shadows came a laugh so high and shivering, Little Boy Coon shrank back, wishing for a tree to brace himself against. A form moved among the trunks on the opposite side of the clearing, and stepped out into the moonlight. Something moved beside it.

The figure was so tall, Little Boy Coon had to crane his neck to look into the creature's face. This was none of his kind, nor even one of the feared birds. This was a huge, two-legged, furless thing, with eyes which did not reflect light and a flat face devoid of snout or beak. A creature like a wolf paced beside it.

"Well, little one?" Asked the tall Thing which spoke his tongue out of its flat, furless mouth. "Do you still want to fight me?"

Little Boy Coon turned and fled. He ran squealing through the bracken and bushes, disregarding his blindness. He could still hear the voice of the Thing behind him, calling out into the night. Little Boy Coon ran and ran, until something great and big and black loomed up before him too quickly to be dodged, and he ran full force against it.


-


Little Boy Coon woke up in his own bed. The sun was shining, and a bird was singing outside his window. The child sat up and thought, at first, he must have dreamed the whole encounter. Then he saw his walking stick, which leaned against the wall beside his door, instead of on the hook by his bed.

Leaving his bedroom, Little Boy Coon found Mama Coon standing in the kitchen, taking a few moments to herself before starting on breakfast. She was gazing out the window, chewing a dried fish.

"Morning, Ma." Little Boy Coon tried to keep his voice normal. "Anyone else up?"

"You went out in the night." Said Mama Coon, without turning around. "I told you not to go." Her voice was soft, but Little Boy Coon didn't like to hear it anyway.

Picking up a fish, he offered it to Mama Coon and said, "I won't do it again. Promise, Ma."

His mother humphed through her nose. "You better not, little one. Almost scared me half to death when the Tyelkoon brought you home last night."
 
Last edited:
@Glorfindel Goldtress


And for you:


Laurefindelë,

My dear cousin, I write to you first of all my acquaintances, for I hold your counsel in high esteem. I apologize for the lack of greeting, but I write in haste, for my mind will not let me rest and I fear lest one of my siblings sees this letter before I send it. You will understand in a moment.

This past year, I obeyed my amil's wishes and began to make myself known among the circles of nobility. You can well imagine how little I liked the task, but I would rather spend a year in the sole company of my elder uncle than disappoint her. It was after several months of this I met a nís of the Vanyar kindred.

As you know, my very dear cousin, I have been plagued with dark thoughts all my life. My heart never rests easy anywhere, even when with my father, who knows me best besides yourself. So you may not believe me when I tell you this nís, she of the Vanyar, gives me such peace as I have never before known.

Our acquaintance began simply enough, with mere small talk and my own interest in how bright she was, both within and without. But she is both perceptive and gentle, and she soon saw through my habitual quietude. She did not seek to draw me out, as others have done, into merry games and play. She took me aside to a window seat, and there spoke frankly to me concerning her desire to turn acquaintanceship into friendship, beginning with learning what I best liked and what I preferred to converse about. I confess, Laurë, such a direct confession took me aback. But I was also gratified. Here was a woman who would not dance about a subject, nor plague me with teasing. I saw no reason not to deepen our already flowering bond.

Since then, she and I have spoken frequently. At every meeting, she is more and more beauteous, a light to my eyes and to my heart. I can even laugh with her, cousin! How rarely have I laughed, even when in the presence of my very family! But with her, I cannot help it. For she grants me joy, a delight in the world which I have scarcely felt before.

But more than that, Laurefindelë, for now I come to the true heart of the matter. More than all this, Elenwë sees, and accepts, the darkness within me. If she were only a ray of Laurelin's light, I could enjoy her company and no more. But many times it has been she who brought up the subject of my sullenness, and always has her touch been as delicate as that of a bee landing on a flower petal. She does not flinch from me. She does not turn away, even when the conversation becomes uncomfortable for her. She has held my hand and looked into my eyes with assurance, and never once has even my deepest fatality shaken her off.

Laurë, cousin, dear heart and friend, please tell me if I am making a fool of myself. Am I mistaken in my feelings? I cannot imagine asking anyone else who may be or who may never be for their hand. They all fall away into wasted mist beside her lovely person. Should I dare to hope?

Already I grow impatient for your reply, and I have not yet told you the half of who she is. I must send this now, or my courage may fail me. May your hunt end soon so you will come home and advise me in person. Letters are so slow.

In loving friendship,
Yours,
Turucáno.
 
And finally, for @Server Room Gremlin

Receive here your gift.


My dear brother,

I have recently taken your plentiful advice and turned my attention to the forge. I am glad for the many hours I spent watching you when we were younger, because Atar is too busy to teach me much, and our brothers hold their own domains, as you do. Ammë sometimes comes down to watch me, but I am unsure why, unless it is because she likes to listen to me sing.

I have included in this package the finest of my handiwork. Laugh at it, I beg you. It is a crazy thing, I know, lopsided and a little warped, but I enjoyed making it. And I will continue to improve, never fear. You should have seen my first attempts.

How are you? How is your family? I miss all of you, hearing your voices, seeing you day by day, knowing how and where you are. I miss being able to come down here and find you hard at work. Remember when I would sit on the bench you used to leave your plates on when you were too focused to eat? I hope one day to be able to sit there again and watch you work your craft.

Do send word. Everyone wonders, either by letter or in conversation, how you are. Your correspondence doesn't usually reveal much, but that is how you are, and I love you. But I miss you.

I have a question concerning forgework I think you'll appreciate: if quicksilver doesn't harden and can only be poured into a mold, what do you use it for? I want to know, for though I've been told many things hold quicksilver in them, I don't know what the metal's function is. Perhaps you can tell me.

Once Morgoth and Sauron are defeated, we really must get back together as a family. This splitting-up nonsense has me in rags about all of you brothers. At least when I can talk to you, I can find out how you are and where your mind is. Stay safe, Curufin, and keep your wife and son close. I will send them both letters too, and you can discuss them all together, should you desire to.

See you someday.

Rehtawendë

Postscript: Looking back over this letter, I talk a lot about missing you and less about news from here. There's not much. Atar has sent some new war strategies to Maedhros for coordination and Ammë is back to carving wooden statues. She says she wants to paint them sometime. I think she misses Valinorian marble.
 
Thank you very much, how thoughtful of you! I enjoyed reading them all, and found my gift particularly intriguing. 👀

It appears to be set in Beleriand, during the Siege of Angband... but in the On Behalf of the Dead timeline, of course, for the letter is from Rehtawendë (Hannah).

I have recently taken your plentiful advice and turned my attention to the forge. I am glad for the many hours I spent watching you when we were younger, because Atar is too busy to teach me much, and our brothers hold their own domains, as you do. Ammë sometimes comes down to watch me, but I am unsure why, unless it is because she likes to listen to me sing.
Ah, Curufin's plentiful advice! 😂 It shows he cares, for otherwise he would not bother to give it. He just wants to see his sis develop her skills and find what she is good at and enjoys doing. :3

I have included in this package the finest of my handiwork. Laugh at it, I beg you. It is a crazy thing, I know, lopsided and a little warped, but I enjoyed making it. And I will continue to improve, never fear. You should have seen my first attempts.
Oh, he might giggle a bit, but he's no stranger to funny first attempts, having taught his son from the beginning, and remembering his own childhood. 😊

Do send word. Everyone wonders, either by letter or in conversation, how you are. Your correspondence doesn't usually reveal much, but that is how you are, and I love you. But I miss you.
🥺
Indeed, you wouldn't see many heartfelt feelings expressed in a letter. I do think it would be easy for Curufin's loved ones to miss him if he were separated by distance from them. His quiet brand of care and affection is best experienced in person.

I have a question concerning forgework I think you'll appreciate: if quicksilver doesn't harden and can only be poured into a mold, what do you use it for? I want to know, for though I've been told many things hold quicksilver in them, I don't know what the metal's function is. Perhaps you can tell me.
He'd probably send her either a thermometer, or something decorative which likewise makes use of the metal's visible temperature-caused expansion and contraction when encased in narrow tubes.


I imagined Curufin reading this letter by himself in the forge, sitting on the same bench Hannah would have been on, had she been there. He'd have a gentle/subtle smile, and warmth in his gaze as he reads.
 
Ahhhhh!!!! Dear Fairë Hyamië, you are too precious! I love all of your gifts. Mine most of all, of course. Haha!

When the letter began, I was having fun guessing who might the letter writer be. I was delighted to discover my guess based on the very first paragraph was correct. I absolutely adored Turgon's letter and was awwing over the sweetness of his relationship with Elenwë (who I guessed was the subject of the letter by the end of the second paragraph 😍). I definitely squealed at some points and made some very audible noises. No one was paying attention to me, of course, because this is very normal.

But of course, Elenwë was the best thing to happen to Turgon. NOOOOOO, FUTURE THEM! 😭😭😭 Glorfindel will be enthusiastic to assure him of his heart's choice. It is encouraging to think a simple confidant of a most dear friend can help change the course of the future and give one, in this case our dear to-be-king of Gondolin, courage to speak! You can be sure Glorfindel was overjoyed to hear this confession from Turvo, knowing how much he needed someone. And you can be doubly sure Laurë absolutely treasures the two of them just through the heartbeats of the letter alone.🥺❤️

Again, thank you for the time and effort you poured into writing this for me; I could very much sense how much heartfelt depth you designed the letter with, and I feel very snuggled in a cozy blanket by you! 🫂
 
@Maedhros_Nelyafinwë and @Fingon_Findekáno

Your gift here receive:



"They could have been brothers."

The words were not uncommon when Maitimo and Findekano went walking together. Usually they paid the sentiment little mind; their own conversation was much more interesting. They strolled down the streets of Tirion, the older in red robes and the younger in blue, bridging the differences between their families with their friendship. In these days, nothing could come between them.


"They could have been brothers."

Now the phrase earned resentful looks from Maedhros' siblings, and conflicted stares from Fingon's. As the younger took care of the older, red and blue were exchanged for simple blacks or greys. The cousins clung to each other tighter than ever now, bound by more than just affection. Maedhros woke in the night, his voice hoarse with pain, and Fingon was always there to hold him, and bring him back to reality.


"They could have been brothers."

They met once more on the battlefield, and the soldiers whispered the old words to each other. Maedhros unsheathed his bright sword, and Fingon held up his bow. The sound of war would not let them speak to each other, yet they did not need words. One look, one motion of the hand, and they communicated. Maedhros charged. Fingon reached back into the sky and fired, trusting the wind to carry his shaft true. Today, their foes would fall.

"We could have been brothers."
Thank you for this! It's adorable yet sad, touching on different points of Maitimo and Fingon's lives. People often tell me and @Fingon_Findekáno that we could be sisters, too!
 
@Maedhros_Nelyafinwë and @Fingon_Findekáno

Your gift here receive:



"They could have been brothers."

The words were not uncommon when Maitimo and Findekano went walking together. Usually they paid the sentiment little mind; their own conversation was much more interesting. They strolled down the streets of Tirion, the older in red robes and the younger in blue, bridging the differences between their families with their friendship. In these days, nothing could come between them.


"They could have been brothers."

Now the phrase earned resentful looks from Maedhros' siblings, and conflicted stares from Fingon's. As the younger took care of the older, red and blue were exchanged for simple blacks or greys. The cousins clung to each other tighter than ever now, bound by more than just affection. Maedhros woke in the night, his voice hoarse with pain, and Fingon was always there to hold him, and bring him back to reality.


"They could have been brothers."

They met once more on the battlefield, and the soldiers whispered the old words to each other. Maedhros unsheathed his bright sword, and Fingon held up his bow. The sound of war would not let them speak to each other, yet they did not need words. One look, one motion of the hand, and they communicated. Maedhros charged. Fingon reached back into the sky and fired, trusting the wind to carry his shaft true. Today, their foes would fall.

"We could have been brothers."
First of all, what thoughtfulness to write a small piece for each of us as Christmas gifts, @WatcherWraith! Each was so creative and personal to its recipient. I hope to eventually be able to comment on them all. 😊

I love how you combined your gift for @Maedhros_Nelyafinwë and me into this one short, simple yet effective vignette detailing the enduring strength of Maitimo and Findekáno's brotherly relationship. One does not need many words to so plainly see their bond. They are like David and Jonathan.

"They could have been brothers."

The significance of this statement and the feelings of others surrounding it changes as time and events pass on, from mere observation to resentment. Relationships with family are tested over time because of it.

Between Maedhros and Fingon though, the statement is true in every sense of the word, save by blood. The strife between their families didn't stop these cousins from becoming best friends, and even when Morgoth's lies tried to come between them, the bond was stretched, but never severed. Not even betrayal or unimaginable hardships could break it. The rescue from Thangorodim would prove its strength.

In the midst of tension and anger between the divided Houses, Findekáno remembered their ancient friendship and gave up everything, putting his life on the line to go rescue Maitimo from the Enemy, who was long thought (or hoped) dead. And he succeeded, bringing unity and some semblance of peace between the peoples. Sure, it may have earned him resentment from Maitimo's brothers because he did what they could not, and his siblings may have felt he cared more for Maitimo than their own family, but to Finno, it paled in comparison to the fact that Maitimo was alive, and he was safe. After everything, he remained by his brother's side in his darkest moments, in all his weakness, to hold him and bring him comfort.

They were brothers-in-heart, and such a bond would endure anything. It had been natural and easy in Valinor, but was then tested in fire and reforged stronger into an unbreakable connection following Thangorodrim. Everyone could see it, even on the battlefield. It was a friendship made to last, and they were the stronger together for it.

As for Maedhros_Nelyafinwë and me, while we've not encountered anything quite so dramatic, our friendship has deep roots and continually grows stronger with each passing year. Like she said, many people who know us have asked if we are sisters because they usually see us together and can see we have such a close connection, which pleases me they think so. Simply put, we are sisters-in-heart, and it is a great blessing to be able to say so with confidence. ☺️❤️

Thank you again for your gift, my friend! 🫂
 
@Tyelkormo the Fair

You gift! Enjoy :]



Mama Coon always said, "When the night cones, we go to bed, and we stay there until the sun comes up."

When Little Boy Coon asked why he should stay in bed so long, when he wasn't a bit tired, Mama Coon shook her long-clawed finger at him. "If you don't stay in bed, the Tyelkoon will get you! Then you'll learn!"

Little Boy Coon asked what the Tyelkoon was, but all Mama Coon would say was, "if ever there was a bigger bundle of cunning and mischief in all the land, she did not know where to find it". So Little Boy Coon was to stay in bed, and not stir until the sun was up, when the Tyelkoon would leave the forest alone.

At first, Little Boy Coon obeyed his mother's warning. He went to bed when the sun went down, and in the summer that was not hard to do. But then winter came, and the days got shorter. Bedtime came earlier. Little Boy Coon stared out his window at the shadows lengthening over a forest floor which had once been sunny, and he grew impatient at the sun, and at the warnings of his mother. But most of all, he began to resent the Tyelkoon, which was the cause of his early bedtime. So late one night, when the whole family but Little Boy Coon was asleep, he got up and went outside, taking only his trusty walking stick with him as a weapon.

He'd never been outside at night before. Little Boy Coon stared up at the black figures of trees, only visible by how they blotted out the rest of the night, and then he saw the stars, and the moon. They shone so bright and so pretty, Little Boy Coon forgot to be afraid, and he stared and stared up at the sky. But he couldn't see them clearly; the trees blocked out so much. So off Little Boy Coon went, towards a clearing he knew, where he would be able to see the stars and the moon more clearly.

He found his clearing, after a longer search through bushes he could hardly see and around tree trunks he accidentally blundered into. And there Little Boy Coon sat down, gazing up at the big, black sky, where so many stars shone, he could hardly believe his eyes. The moon was big and round, like a white-gold plate in the sky, and the little Coon marvelled at that too.

Then he heard twigs snap behind him. Little Boy Coon jumped, and all his mother's warnings came back to his mind. He spun around, clutching his walking stick like a club. He could hardly see anything, it was still so dark. The moon and the stars let him see a little bit, but beyond the clearing all was shadow.

The sound of a chuckle came from his right, and a tree branch rattled. Little Boy Coon whirled again, looking up to see if he could spot his antagonist. But even in the branches, only darkness lingered.

"Not asleep?" Asked a voice from behind him. Little Boy Coon squeaked in alarm and swung his stick in a wide arc, though he hit nothing but air. The voice laughed. "Everyone else is in bed, tiny tyke. Why aren't you?"

Little Boy Coon gripped his stick in paws strong with fear. "I came to fight you!" He cried out. "You're the Tyelkoon, aren't you? You're the reason we can't play outside when the sun goes down anymore! Come out and I'll...I'll show you better!" He squinted as hard as he could into the night, but still the Tyelkoon could not be seen.

The voice snorted. It now came from his right. "You silly boy. I don't hunt babies like you. I hunt the scary things which prowl at night. The wolves and the spiders, the bears and the nightbirds. You're no fun; you're too small and easy to sneak up on."

"Am not!" Little Boy Coon yelled. He waved his walking stick. "Show yourself, and I'll give you a reason to fear me!"

Through the shadows came a laugh so high and shivering, Little Boy Coon shrank back, wishing for a tree to brace himself against. A form moved among the trunks on the opposite side of the clearing, and stepped out into the moonlight. Something moved beside it.

The figure was so tall, Little Boy Coon had to crane his neck to look into the creature's face. This was none of his kind, nor even one of the feared birds. This was a huge, two-legged, furless thing, with eyes which did not reflect light and a flat face devoid of snout or beak. A creature like a wolf paced beside it.

"Well, little one?" Asked the tall Thing which spoke his tongue out of its flat, furless mouth. "Do you still want to fight me?"

Little Boy Coon turned and fled. He ran squealing through the bracken and bushes, disregarding his blindness. He could still hear the voice of the Thing behind him, calling out into the night. Little Boy Coon ran and ran, until something great and big and black loomed up before him too quickly to be dodged, and he ran full force against it.


-


Little Boy Coon woke up in his own bed. The sun was shining, and a bird was singing outside his window. The child sat up and thought, at first, he must have dreamed the whole encounter. Then he saw his walking stick, which leaned against the wall beside his door, instead of on the hook by his bed.

Leaving his bedroom, Little Boy Coon found Mama Coon standing in the kitchen, taking a few moments to herself before starting on breakfast. She was gazing out the window, chewing a dried fish.

"Morning, Ma." Little Boy Coon tried to keep his voice normal. "Anyone else up?"

"You went out in the night." Said Mama Coon, without turning around. "I told you not to go." Her voice was soft, but Little Boy Coon didn't like to hear it anyway.

Picking up a fish, he offered it to Mama Coon and said, "I won't do it again. Promise, Ma."

His mother humphed through her nose. "You better not, little one. Almost scared me half to death when the Tyelkoon brought you home last night."
First of all, thanks a lot for this very sweet and amazing gift! I can't put in words how happy this made me.

I loved how the baby Coon himself was not unlike how Tyelko was at that age, and the wise and mischievous aura of Tyelko reminded me of Oromë a bit! I absolutely loved it!
Again, thank you!
 
For @Glorfindel Goldtress from Tiny Ghost.
He hopes you shall be pleased. Happy late birthday, and I hope this finds you well :]

"Utúlie'n aurë!"
The cry rings out across battlefields.
It signals the arrival of hope,
The splendid burst of vigor
Showing over the far horizon.
Oh, my friend,
It is said every time
You rise from your bed.

Utúlie'n aurë!
The sun gleams in your hair,
Your hair of shining gold,
Your locks of shimmering gold.
In the absence of light,
You gleam forever bright,
A shining star all on your own.
We sing to see you.

Utúlie'n aurë!
In the midst of our troubles,
While we hold fast to our strength,
In you come, and your song
Is as the song of the dawn:
New and glowing and unquenchable.
We look to the east and see you,
A bright ray of sunlight coming.

Utúlie'n aurë!
Wherever you are, there flowers grow.
We bask in the warmth you bring.
Blaze in the glory you were given,
And shine so our foes
All must shield their eyes.
Come, child of daytime,
And let us embrace you.
 
Dear Fairë Hyamië, I am most grateful for your heartwarming present. The beauty of it is not diminished in the hour of its coming. And Glorfindel has much to say in return, so I will let him speak for both of us. ❤️

*Glorfindel embraces Tiny Ghost with his fëa*

Thank you, mellon vuin, for the lovely poem! I am both honored and humbled by your most gracious words so eloquently woven together. It makes my heart sing with joy that you would bless me with such as this. I will carry your gift as a precious treasure. Truly, it is the conjoining of great hearts--and fëar-- like yours which make utúlie'n aurë possible. May your fëa ever strengthen!
 
1565.jpg


@Maedhros_Nelyafinwë my present is now complete :]

The two plants I hoped represented Maitimo and Aranya the best. The mallorn tree for Maitimo's height and importance in his society, for his gold heart, and for the heights to which he will soar. The athelas herb for Aranya's healing capabilities, her sweet and yet combative nature, and for how short she is XD

Happy birthday, and I hope you enjoy the gift. :]
 
Aww, this is lovely! I can tell you spent a lot of time on it! The mallorn tree seems like a good fit to represent Maitimo. Since the elves of Lothlorien build their houses in the mallorn trees, it's kind of like how Maitimo protects and cares for his brothers, and later, the kingdom of Himring. And the athelas growing around the base of the tree is a very cute detail! It makes me think of Aranya hugging Maitimo around the waist because she can't reach much higher than that! 😂

Thank you for the gift, my friend! 😊
 
Perhaps in time, the Athelas will grow and be bug enough to get tangled in the branches!
(I doubt Athelas actually grows that tall, but Aranya is determined!)
I was really happy to draw something nice for you, since my attempts at people are...not great. Still life by far receives my best portrayal. But Curvo draws the people, and draws them oh, so much better than I could! So ta-da! Behold le tree!

Happy birthday :)
 
I was really happy to draw something nice for you, since my attempts at people are...not great. Still life by far receives my best portrayal. But Curvo draws the people, and draws them oh, so much better than I could! So ta-da! Behold le tree!

Happy birthday :)
Hey, I consider landscapes and plants to be a very weak point for me as an artist, so that works out!

Perhaps in time, the Athelas will grow and be bug enough to get tangled in the branches!
(I doubt Athelas actually grows that tall, but Aranya is determined!)
And you know what else grows around trees? Orchids! That's why they're so hard to grow indoors. Because we're taking a plant that naturally grows hanging from tree branches, and putting them in pots.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top