• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Official (And Superly Cool) Outcast Poetry Thread! Yay!

That was very good Cerri. You could feel the relief in the wording.

This is a rather long, story-esque poem. I wrote it last night when I woke up from this horrible dream I had. In the dream, my most trusted RL friend, who has been in the army 8 years and is getting out in August, was sent to Iraq. This was a varitable nightmare for me, but I can't help but fear the worst if this dream comes true.


She came home from work
That night
A message clutched
Tightly in her fist
Outwardly, she looked calm
But inside she was weeping
She went about the house
Ignoring her family
The message still held
In her hand
No one knew anything
Was even wrong

Finally everyone else
Was asleep
The only sounds to be heard
Were those she made
As she got ready for bed
But another sound was there
One only she heard
One that lay a pail
Over all the physical sounds
Making them seem distant
She climbed into bed
And opened the message
As she reread it again
The silent sound of her heart
Weeping tears of bitter-sorrow
Filled her ears
Finally she let all the pain go
And wept into her pillow
In fierce sorrow

The note fell to the floor
Left but never forgotten
It read:
"I love you, Sweet.
Always remember this
Because I will never
Stop loving you.
I am being sent into
The war in two days.
Please don't forget me;
I will not forget you.
I love you, Sweet,
And I will marry you
When I get back..."

The tears did not wash away
Her pain
Nor did seeing him off
And when a offical letter
Arrived a month later
Telling her of his death
She had no more tears
The numbness she felt
Made it easy to join him
In the next life
She was buried
Beside the empty coffin
Of her love
Only for him to find her grave
Years later
When he was finally released
From the enemy prison.
 
Wow Arathin I thought that was really good! I really felt the emotion behind that one...
 
hey guys! well, here goes:

The Place

i had a place i liked to be,
a thing i liked to do,
but now i feel so insecure
of the place i do feel sure.

and every time i go by there,
my heart then starts to run,
my veins fill with adrenalin,
my legs, they want to run.

the light there seems so eerie cold,
although the lamp is warm.
my knees get so unsteady,
and i see i'm not quite ready.

now i don't know where to find
once daily found serenity,
where silence surrounded me,
the fear my heart does bind.

___________________________
wow, arathin!!! that poem is totally awesome... i'd cry, if i would not be posting from school!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great poem jezz!

Here's mine....

Not a care in the world
THE PAIN DRAGS HER DOWN

Her heart's greatest desire
SORROW SPLITS HER SOUL

The man that she loves
THE MAN THAT SHE HATES

Enraptures her heart
DISGUSTS HER MIND

Brings her true happiness
IS IT ALL A MASK?

The luckiest girl in the world
SEEKING TRUTH AND HAPPINESS

Is it all real?
THIS IS LIFE
 
Hmmmmm...that's a tough one. I dunno, it just kind of reminded me of, well, ME. In one face I was happy, content, and loved, and in the other face I was hurt, lonely, and alone. It's my life right there in that poem.
 
I think that is how many people feel today. One part of them knows, or thinks it knows, that they are loved, cared for, secure. While some little nagging part of them screams that they are alone, afraid, unwanted.

Maybe it is just this evil little suspicious part of us, this ugly part that we can't let other people see. Maybe it is the truth; that we really are alone and unwanted, and we just don't want to admit to ourselves that this ugly, evil little part of us is right, that it has been right all along.
 
Hey guys- I know I never post over here, but I just wanted to let you all know that I love reading your poems! They're wonderful, keep it up! :D
 
Niirewen said:
Hey guys- I know I never post over here, but I just wanted to let you all know that I love reading your poems! They're wonderful, keep it up! :D

encouragement is so refreshing :) thank you Niirewen (even if you weren't talking to me, heehee - I'm sure the other writers are grateful as well)
 
My Outcast poem:

My soul is black,
and I think I'm funny.
All I care about is
getting laid and money.

Sometimes reality hits
you in the face like a brick.
It stabs you in the heart,
even when your skin is thick.

Freezing hot,
scalding to touch.
I miss the days when
I was a kid so much.

I am a failure
suicidal for life.
God will I ever
find a freakin life?

-->I made that up just now! :D
 
lol I really like that. it's a very...erm...honest sort of a poem :rolleyes: :)
 
my sieve
Choking on the words I’ve swallowed
Filling my tongue just leaves me hollow
Still you continue, undeterred
False promises about ‘tomorrow’

Empty and silent is my best answer
To sieve the anger and bitter laughter
Is this really what you wanted?
I could not be torn any further

My defining quality is just weakness
Against so much that can be ruthless
Please, keep me at least breathing
Until I can be free of this

...yay I finally wrote something
 
hey, it does sound like a bitter break up! :) but it's not. it's mostly about pressure from my family and especually my mother. blah.
 
@ Lomelide: i like your poem - it resembles alot of poems i have written. that might be because i mostly write when i feel extremely down. here's one i wrote after an argument with my sis (15 months younger then i am):

stormswift

for years now have had to see,
the monster sought to destroy me.
her name should be sormswift,
or maybe should be swiftwing.

the daughter of electra
has found a human body.
she's trying to destroy me,
the bird that's of electra.

i want to fight,
to save myself.
but she takes life
out of my self.

the other problem,
now i see,
it is my sister -
she lives with me.
 
erg...siblings :rolleyes:
nice poem, the last stanza thingie was a great way to end it
 
yes! a poem on alcohol, please!

this is a poem on...well. insomnia I guess. for some reason when I'm not feeling well I can't sleep at night. only after sunrise. so this is about waiting for the morning and things I do to keep myself occupied. it's kind of short but whatever. pttth.

All I need is to hold on
Just one more life-long hour
Soon the stars will fade
And keep nightmares at bay
All I need is to hold on
Just two more people lost
Soon the words will end
Thoughts to pillow, on lend
All I need is to hold on
Just three more endless songs
Soon the tune will change
From lullaby to praise
All I need is to hold on
I am just waiting for you.
 
A poem on alcohol:

I got drunk last night.
Oh my God, I was so wasted.
They dropped my body off at the morgue
Around 2:00 in the morning.

I woke up in Hell next to Satan.
He was like: "Son, we need to talk."
I said I was too hungover but
He threw me in the lake of fire anyway.

Now my soul is tortured forever.
Burning, infinite lamentation.
Oh my God, I was so drunk
on that Mad-Dog 20/20.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top