• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Official (And Superly Cool) Outcast Poetry Thread! Yay!

I've been kinda........gone......lately... but... yeah....

I've also been a wee bit mushy in my latest writings, so you must excuse me.

there's lots of spaces so you can tell where one stops and the other begins. I like the 2nd one better.

I can taste your essesnce
floating on the morning breeze
a can smell the spice of your skin
heavy on the air
the press of your flesh
brings a flush to mine
softly, sweetly,
that's how you love me.




there's a whisper of your lips on mine
and a memory of your breath on the air.
a phantom of your body
warm against the length of mine.
a shadow of your tongue caresses
like a smooth wisp of smoke.
I can still feel where your palm pressed against my cheek
firm and gentle.
a dream of your fingertips
trails gently down my side....
I lay on my back and revel in this,
the ghost of your kiss.
 
Last edited:
The Pain Below

It's the pain below,
That won't let me go.
I haven't let it show,
And that's the reason nobody knows.
That's the reason I can't move on from this season.
This season of bleeding.

Ch: Have you ever heard,
Of reaping what you sow?
Have you heard of what goes around comes around?
Of what goes up,
Must come down?

You take me from the top of mountains,
To the bottom of oceans.
Your pain stings me like the sharpest sword,
And your bitterness is like a thorn,
Increasing the pain in my side.
It keeps coming back,
Just as the ocean's tide.

CH

What you've sown is coming up,
And it's not looking pleasant.
Why can't you just be happy with who I am,
And what I represent?
This is the end.
 
@ morning star: cool poem!

@ all: i'll have to go soon, but i think i wrote you guys my poem about alcohol, but you couldn't tell it was about that. it is called the place... the poem is deeper then one might think when one first looks at it.

@ dragon: your poem is also very cool!!!
 
to where are you going Jezz? and I enjoyed your poem on alcohol (that apparently has deeper meaning)
(yay for poems with deeper meaning!)
...will you be coming back?
 
Yes, where are you going jezz?


This poem was written after my favorite coffee shop and only place of escape, Coffee Kingdom, was closed down.


"A Tribute to Kingdom"

Dedication: "A Tribute to Kingdom" was written on June 22nd, 2004, the day Coffee Kingdom's doors closed. This poem is dedicated to the owner, John, to the place, Coffee Kingdom, and to all the friends that gathered there. This is in memory of Coffee Kingdom...


The cigarette smoke curls into the air;
Purple-blue in the breeze; indigo.
Smoke as smooth as silk, as soft as velvet.
Dreams slipped away like so much smoke
Trapped between a pair of hands;
Smoke that was so thick
Until it was inches from the face;
Smoke that caused the eyes to water
And stole away life with a breath;
Smoke that filled the familiar air
Of a haven named "Coffee Kingdom".
A haven now closed, forever gone,
Fed to the ravenous debtors.
Bliss is taken from us and turned,
Mercilessly, into an empty shell
Haunted by our memories.
Smoke and music and the scent of coffee
Cling to the echoing walls;
Now silenced, now gone, now empty.
Cigarettes are lit, coffee-less now,
As it is contemplated, "What now?"
Where do we gone when the smoke clears?
Is there another haven waiting?
Another place to be filled with smoke
And coffee mingled with echoing music
And intelligent conversation?
Can we find it and each other again?
What now becomes of the friends dear
Whose shades still fill the space?
Will those same friends, by Fate's design,
Meet again in a similiar place of safety?
So few options are left in the smoke
And it is becomes of the smoke we are shunned.
The smoke curls around us, those remaining
In the dream of the momentary bliss
Once offered to us, but now gone, taken.
Outcasts with no where to turn.
The smoke stings the eyes, sears the lungs,
Leaving us on the breeze
Still echoing with music.
We have walked in a pleasant, smoky dream,
A dream called "Kingdom".
Now we awake to the harsh reality
Of a pitiless world of nightmares.
We are shaken and lost, cut loose.
Can the ship find its way in the mist?
Can we, now shunned for our habits,
Find our way through the smoke?
An empty husk, a pitiful shell is all
That is left to us now of our peace.
Now we face a cruel reality,
A cruel twist of the knife in our minds.
When will another dream come?
When will we again be lost in such a haven,
In such a place of acceptance?
The dream is gone, more will come.
Dreams will come again.
But will they be the same?
Or some new sensation
Rising from the smoke,
Like a pheonix from the ashes?
 
*deafening applause* that was literary genius, Arathin. I really like it. :)
 
@ lomelide:
ok, go to the thread-page 17, to my second post. it is on alcohol, but the poem doesn't say so. i've been very deeply hurt by people who drink alcohol, and that is why i wrote that poem.
 
yeesh. that's not good. I'll pray for you. :(

I have a few ideas for poems stuck in my head...I just keep running out of time to sit and write them. erg.
 
Thanks Jezz, that poem I wrote was about somebody who grew up in an alcoholic home, and how the alcoholism affected them, and as a result, me.
 
Thank you very much Lome. I was hoping it conved the utter sense of lose we all feel... Even now, I still haven't found a new place. *growls in frustration*
 
ah, the joys of college

this really isn't very good but I haven't posted in a long time so I'm just going to put it up

...just a random spewing from my heart/head

I'm one step away
From missing you too much
One step away
From feeling too deep
And that one step
Is all that it takes
For a lifelong clutch
On what I can see
Because facing tomorrow
Is two steps farther
Past what I know
In my safe harbor
So I'll just wait here
Let the momentum take me
Look around while I'm waiting
Let the next day face me
Jump when I can
Run when I want to
Staying one step away
From having to miss you
 
oh for shame that no one has posted on here in two whole months! :eek: we should be ashamed of ourselves.

chocolate covered moonbeams bring candy coated dreams
while late into the evening the cherry chimes will ring
till lemon drops of sunshine and clouds of sugar lime
open taffied eyelids and warm this frosted mind

Edit: I just fixed my little poem...
the one I had posted was the "rough draft" so to say
 
Last edited:
Actually there is one more day to be two months. Just kidding :)

I'm not a good poet so I don't post one. Sorry :(
 
All of my poems lately have been very dark and dreary... there is also the fact that I haven't been on in over a month... yes, it is sad... you can all mourn my lack of freetime now.
 
*mourns your lack of free time*
maybe it's just me but things have gotten really dead around here...and I don't mean just this thread
 
Unfortunatley that is very true. I've been popping in and out lately, but haven't been posting because nothing seems to be going on. I should probably make more of an effort. But I have been very busy lately, too (with mostly college and cross country stuff).
 
If you think about it, how many members are in college or school? This thing has always slowed down at least some every winter since before I joined I'm sure... I mean I know why I'm not posting a whole ton...

1) all my art projects for my art college

2) how often I am either in class, doing 'homework', or at 'work' work

3) all the spare time I spend working out

If you put all these reasons together, then you get my reason...

"No Spare Time"
 
my hobbit poem....

I just stumbled across this thread... I love poetry and songs. Here's a poem I wrote a while back.

Remember the Hobbits

One day I went to Scotland-
The highlands stole my heart.
And there I met a hobbit
Who taught me of their art:
To hide from folk, big or small,
When I have the need,
To travel across the craggy land
With secrecy and speed.
He sang to me all their songs
Of what went on before,
He took me to the ocean;
We stood in awe beside the shore.
He told me what he always thought
Was far across the sea,
I laughed and said," I'm from that land!
Won't you come back with me?"
He puffed out his chest and stood up tall
(As hobbits are known to do),
Then he told me something
That was very sad but true:
"I am the only hobbit left,"
He sadly said to me,
"Not while I am living
Can I go across the sea.
Take the songs and stories,
Sing them for me!
Carry them into your land
Across the deep blue sea."
I left him there and there he stood,
Brave and proud and free,
And there he still was standing
When again I crossed the sea.
When I returned home
To, as they say, the land of the free,
I was singing songs
From that ancient melody.
Please now join in the music,
Be it sweet or shrill.
You must remember the hobbits;
If you don't , no one will.



I don't know if its any good, so any comments would be greatly appreciated!
 
the last and the least without judgement...
for this is made by those folding pages in the illusional
fabric of power
eventually all must duck and cower
rain drops water or shower

the balrog sets mode to devour
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top