• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Riddle Thread

Yes! not my best effort, obviously a little vague minus the river but I'll do my best to come up with another one.
Eljorahir, you have any riddles to share? I feel like Gollum as I eat my tilapia for dinner and guess riddles on here. Hehehe
 
I wanted to ask, the "wet from man" part. That would be the moisture from the breath that sounds the horn? Or, did you have something else in mind? I can't remember if maybe Aragorn shed a tear at Boromir's death, that may have been your intent.
 
Easy one


Youthful gift of Minas thrift,
stronger than a boar,
hoard reward, turning swords,
yet final bearing caused fear to soar.
 
Rising and falling
In all observed ways that ever augment;
Never to be ceased
Upon the brink of day nor night.

Yet in all absence I am discovered,
Here to be seen beyond your reach,
Until here beyond
You come at last.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…