• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

The Riddle Thread

If Alcarinque won't take it then I will get the ball rolling once more... and to do so I'll make it relatively easy.

Noble-blooded and bravest child,
With brethren slain in mournful woe,
Wielded sword and shield defying foe,
In indignant rage didst curse defiled.
Mounting horse raised ringing steel,
Galloped forth with wrath-filled cries,
Tempted flame and sin to rise,
Fell and crushed by darkest heel.

That has to be the easiest riddle so far. Good luck people! Shouldn't have made it that easy...

Cheers,

Úlairi.
 
OK, I'm running short on time, so I'll give a guess based on the 20 seconds I had to ponder.

Fingolfin?
 
Dead on. Waaaaay too easy! You're up Aulë.

Cheers,

Úlairi.
 
Death of the eight,
Death with the earth,
Solving the thread,
Beneath the earth.

Speak to the rock,
Speak with the fire,
Pass on the power,
To pass to the fire.
 
This is a great thread. Who hasn’t gone yet (that we don’t have to wait for )? Hey Fir, you want to give it a go?
 
You're so good to me Illuin. Sure, I'll try.

A patch of grass
to hard cold stone
Sun and moon
to dark alone
happy to sad
to happy again
Climb up to high
and then falling

Who am I?



That should be mega easy, but it was off the top of my head.
 
From north to west,
Days of dark,
Then east to south,
Rotten bark.

The last I'll be,
Unless I find,
The forgotten ones,
Of my kind.
 
Here's one that should be answered quite quickly:

Immortal am I by an ancient ring,
Heralds of heaven speak, shrieking.
Son of First's son, I pledge fealty to king.
Resting by earth and water I sing.
Love of the second union, harbouring,
Revealed by the innocent, betraying.

I stand amidst chaos before yielding.

Cheers,

Úlairi.
 
I honestly thought that this was quite easy?!

Cheers,

Úlairi.
 
No, not even close Fir.

EDIT: Well, I'm glad to see that I've written one that I decided not to make too ambiguous and can yet still stump people...

Cheers,

Úlairi.
 
Last edited:
No, not even close Fir.

EDIT: Well, I'm glad to see that I've written one that I decided not to make too ambiguous and can yet still stump people...

Cheers,

Úlairi.

Yeah, yeah Ulairi, stroke your ego. Not that it needs it.

Will you tell me if by saying "immortal am I by an ancient ring", you refer to someone that is only immortal because of a ring of power?
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…