Tyelkormo the Fair
Elite
- Joined
- Feb 7, 2023
- Messages
- 4,985
Why was morgoth able to touch the Silmarils if they were hallowed by varda herself and couldn't tolerate the hand of evil?

Of the Flight of the Noldor.In token of this he set the Silmarils in his crown. His hands were burned black by the touch of those hallowed jewels, and black they remained ever after; nor was he ever free from the pain of the burning, and the anger of the pain.
Thanks I haven't read the books yet although Ik a good Sum of it
Now, now....I'd definitely start with The Hobbit and LOTR.
Oh, truly, stop...
I've read those a few yrs ago although in my own language but I really want to read the English ver but I'm a student and currently really busyI'd definitely start with The Hobbit and LOTR.
Oh I'm Iranian so Persian...but since I was pretty young back then (13 I think) and the translater used some hard words cuz it's a Lengenderium I didn't quite understand it completely... that's why I want to read it in English both to gain more knowledge in my vocabulary and improve my grammar and it's nice to read it in the original language overallOh, they can wait until you have the free time. 🙂
If you don't mind my asking, which language did you read them in? One of my particular interests is in differences in translation, so I'll eagerly await a post from you comparing to the original!
Indeed it is ... it's even more beautiful after I passed the highschool literature and have an idea what the dude is talking about 😂I could imagine The Silmarillion being beautifully rendered in Persian! 🙂
As The Hobbit was intended for children, and not originally part of the legendarium, there are fewer unfamiliar words, so that might be a good one to begin with, if you want to used it to build vocabulary.
Oo! There's the real passion of Squint shining through!If you don't mind my asking, which language did you read them in? One of my particular interests is in differences in translation, so I'll eagerly await a post from you comparing to the original!