Margaret Shirley
New Member
- Joined
- Mar 5, 2017
- Messages
- 10
Hi. I was singing Galadriel's song of Eldamar(from FOTR)
and I noticed two odd things about it. One, can Galadriel really bring things alive with her voice( I know it's an ability some have in ME but I don't think Galadriel does), and two she says that"there long the golden leaves have grown, upon the branching years". This can only be referring to Laurelin and she was destroyed while G. was alive so G. would know not to sing this. Is this a mistake on Chris Tolkien's part? Did something different happen originally? Or is it a continuity mistake of JRRT? Or is it possible G. was referring to a different golden tree? Anyway, I know that's a lot of questions. I wasn't sure whether to put this in LOTR or Sil so sorry if it's in the wrong place.
and I noticed two odd things about it. One, can Galadriel really bring things alive with her voice( I know it's an ability some have in ME but I don't think Galadriel does), and two she says that"there long the golden leaves have grown, upon the branching years". This can only be referring to Laurelin and she was destroyed while G. was alive so G. would know not to sing this. Is this a mistake on Chris Tolkien's part? Did something different happen originally? Or is it a continuity mistake of JRRT? Or is it possible G. was referring to a different golden tree? Anyway, I know that's a lot of questions. I wasn't sure whether to put this in LOTR or Sil so sorry if it's in the wrong place.


