So, despite Athrabeth being a post-LotR text, it doesn't mention her prophesy at all.
Well . . .
Finrod didn't
ask if she had yet uttered any prophecies concerning
Túrin
Or total guess,
Tolkien hadn't thought of it yet,
The Problem of Ros being a late text in the aptly named
Late Writings section. That said, in an author's note to the commentary to the Athrabeth, we find Tolkien musing about how the
Elves thought the World might end, and re-characterizes the
Dagor Dagorath as a
Mannish Myth.
Strange then that the updated QS (written post-LotR) includes it, and even
adds Beren to the mix (no mention of
Ancalagon here!). ( . . . ) I've left some stuff struck through because I'm still trying to make sense of all this!
I doubt even Christopher Tolkien could say for sure what the Andreth Prophecy might mean with respect to other "End of Days" references that came before it.
And I realize that all you said was "updated QS" -- and in one sense that's true, given that some changes made later are "updating" certain sentences. But if I may add . . .
. . . as I've mumbled before, Christopher Tolkien warns the reader that the post-Lord of the Rings corrections to this conclusion of QS need not amount to a final approval of content -- and that
(as I read his commentary), he'd find it both "remarkable" and not easy to interpret, if these "cursory correction" did amount to a final approval of content.
I'd also guess that these korrections came well before the Andreth Prophecy, but that aside,
taking the first of these corrections to this conclusion of QS, for example:
Section 6:
Tolkien changes "Ingwiel son of Ingwe" to "Finarphin son of
Finwe" as the leader of the
Noldor . . . okay
but section 6 begins by saying that the
"sons of the Valar" prepared for battle, and that the captain of their host was
"Fionwe son of Manwe."
An already rejected name and conception left to stand, not only in the same section, but in the sentence
immediately preceding the change of Ingwiel to "Finar
phin" (not Finar
fin, which helps a bit with dating this correction). Moreover, in a typescript version Tolkien lets the passage stand, but changed Ingwiel to
Ingwion . . .
. . . and so what he left standing in the typescript was that Ingwiel/Ingwion appears to be the leader of the Noldor. Thus in the constructed Silmarillion,
Finarfin appears.
I didn't look for examples beyond section 6, but I'm going to heed Christopher Tolkien already