Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.
Register
The chapters on Beren & Luthien, Turin, Gondolin, Fall of Doriath and the start of Earendil are the only bits of Quenta taken from the QN (HoME 4). Everything else is QS (HoME 5). In fact the QN version of Gondolin is partially marked up in line with QS and the Later Annals of Beleriand, (ie changed to have Gondolin already existing before Unnumbered Tears)!
You are right about Galadriel appearing in the early 50s; I mentioned the Annals of Aman which were about the same time as QS1. The point was that "my" Quenta (no Galadriel) is QS from HoME 5 filled in with bits of QN from HoME 4, not QS1 or QS2 from HoME 10/11. Hope that is all cleared up now
Yeah I made a pigs ear of the explanation. I edited it, but decided another post would be a lot clearer.
Save the cake, I also have a "side version" that mentions her by name as the sister along with Finrod's (sic!) sons. That version also contains a "version" of the Fall of Numenor, and "Fingon sends his son Gilgalad to the havens" (one sentence from the Grey Annals).
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.