Yup, I stand corrected.I think the One Ring would artificially extend a human's life just as any of the other 16, thus making them undead beings. The main difference would be that the One would grant a human greater power, just as the Nine gave nine human kings power over others, though the wearer would still be the slave and not the master.
I somehow connected being wraith to automatically being submitted to somebody will, and this is the reason why I said people would never become wraith with The One Ring.
I was wrong.
Yes, but only if they act foolishly, like Gandalf advised for the sake of diversion.
If Aragorn claimed the ring, then sit still until he gather very strong army, or even retreat to Rohan or Isengard (leaving Minas Tirith) to have time to make his army, even stronger, Sauron would be in great fear indeed (at least that was my impression from the book).
Well, to stand in professor defense, he probably meant, if Aragorn was rushing to meet the Sauron with weak army.Yes, Tolkien does seem to contradict himself here, though this is somewhat addressed in the book:
And also, there is possibility, that Ring would make humans (even Aragorn) too confident, and rushing without second (strategic) thought.

