• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Was Haldir at Helm's Deep?

Gilthoniel

Speak to the hand...
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
153
I was halfway through the Fellowship of the Ring when it came out on film, and I therefore rushed my reading of the other books, so as not to be caught out again.
Therefore, upon seeing TTT, I could not remember, Haldir coming to help at Helms Deep. So I re-read the series of books, (at a more respectable pace), and yet I still could not find reference to Haldir's being at Helm's Deep. Is this just me, or did Jackson use his 'poetic license' to kill off an important character, and if so what else has changed in this scene from the book?
 
download (7).jpeg
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top