• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Were there any Black Gondorians?

I don't believe there were any black Gondorians. I imagine that the darkest Gondorians were similar to Greeks or maybe Sicilians. Like those Gondorians from the coast those men would be mostly fishermen weathered by the sun. Gondor was meant to be similar to the Mediterranean probably cooler.
 
hmm, i'm curious as to what TP stands for?

Typo, guess I combined OP (Original Poster) and TS (Topic Starter) :p

But no, I don't think there were any dark-skinned Gondorians. Though maybe some Rebels or Captives may have mingled with Southrons, but then they would not be seen as Gondorians anymore I suppose.
 
We do not hear of any dark-skinned Men of Gondor therefore we can assume there were none.

There were Men of Numenorean descent, descendants of "Black Numenoreans" whose stronghold was at Umbar, these people mingled with the Haradhrim (Southrons) and were known as the Corsairs. These Corsairs were not 'black' but very likely darker skinned than the Gondorians. "Black Numenoreans" were as white as the Men of Gondor, they were only called "Black" because they were evil; worshippers of Morgoth and servants of Sauron.
 
Firstly, Parsilaf, according to me sons of Castamir and his sons were all killed by King Eldacar and his sons. The remaining Corsairs weren't Gondorians. though they had impure Numenorean blood from their ancestors who were pure but listened to the words of Sauron and fell under his dominion, these were heathen. The men of Umbar and Harad are said to be Black Numenoreans.
 
Firstly, Parsilaf, according to me sons of Castamir and his sons were all killed by King Eldacar and his sons. The remaining Corsairs weren't Gondorians. though they had impure Numenorean blood from their ancestors who were pure but listened to the words of Sauron and fell under his dominion, these were heathen. The men of Umbar and Harad are said to be Black Numenoreans.
I think 'Black numenoreans' were those who survived the fall of numenor. Still corrupt as they were when their country fell and evil passed down centuries onwards. Or I could wrong

Edit: nvm read your whole paragraph, disregard my answer
 

Similar threads

Back
Top