BalrogRingDestroyer
Member
- Joined
- Feb 19, 2018
- Messages
- 267
Route 1: From Faramir
I believe, though I could be wrong, that Faramir arrived just in time for the battle and didn't really have time to tell his father about the conversation with Frodo and about the Ring. But what if Faramir had somehow arrived a lot sooner (I don't know how he could have, but we can talk hypothetical here, heck, maybe we can assume that for whatever reason, they met Faramir sooner and didn't go through the Dead Marshes at all.)
Route 2 : From Gandalf & Co
We could also alter this question to what if Pippin accidentally let slip about the Ring when being interrogated by Denethor or something instead of the Faramir route sounds too improbable.
What do you think would have happened?
A.) He would have tried to go after the Ring, with disastrous results (well, maybe, as I'm not sure how far Frodo would have been along by the point.)
B.) He would have tried to find the Ringbearer with his Palantir, and possibly risked being ensnared by Sauron and risked the truth being forced out of him
C.) He would have realized that there WAS hope against the larger forces of Sauron out there and would not have killed himself nor tried to kill Faramir
Do you think that Gandalf made a mistake in not letting Denethor in on the truth about the Ring or do you think GAndalf averted even MORE disaster by keeping that information from him?
I believe, though I could be wrong, that Faramir arrived just in time for the battle and didn't really have time to tell his father about the conversation with Frodo and about the Ring. But what if Faramir had somehow arrived a lot sooner (I don't know how he could have, but we can talk hypothetical here, heck, maybe we can assume that for whatever reason, they met Faramir sooner and didn't go through the Dead Marshes at all.)
Route 2 : From Gandalf & Co
We could also alter this question to what if Pippin accidentally let slip about the Ring when being interrogated by Denethor or something instead of the Faramir route sounds too improbable.
What do you think would have happened?
A.) He would have tried to go after the Ring, with disastrous results (well, maybe, as I'm not sure how far Frodo would have been along by the point.)
B.) He would have tried to find the Ringbearer with his Palantir, and possibly risked being ensnared by Sauron and risked the truth being forced out of him
C.) He would have realized that there WAS hope against the larger forces of Sauron out there and would not have killed himself nor tried to kill Faramir
Do you think that Gandalf made a mistake in not letting Denethor in on the truth about the Ring or do you think GAndalf averted even MORE disaster by keeping that information from him?

