Inderjit S
Bootylicious
- Joined
- Feb 12, 2003
- Messages
- 2,097
I know some of you may find these 'what if' scenarios a bit tepid, but this is still an interesting one and is taken from my post from a previous thread. What if Isildur was not attacked by Orks, or what if he managed to escape? Would that have changed the fate of Middle-Earth? The biggest point here would be the Ring-would he have given it to the Elves, and would they have taken it? Would Arnor or Gondor have been the hegemon? Would the high-kingship have stood more ground of Isildur remained alive-would his successors have remained high-king, or would Gondor seek autonomy? I will post my original post here;
Which is kind of ironic, given that Isildur's eldest son was said to resemble Aragorn in mood and looks. But I wonder what would have happened if Isildur had not been killed-would he have given the ring to the three and would they have accepted it? Given that the subsequent few centuries following the downthrow of Sauron were a time of peace then I wonder what the relationship would have been between Arnor and Gondor-would Arnor had been the hegemon and would this have stifled Gondor's rapid development? Isildur would have held a higher position as high-king than a young boy-would this have led to a different relationship between the two?

