• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What's the story behind your avatar and forum name?


Too Cool!



I believe I'm familiar with your story as you posted a brief synopsis in the Library of Annúminas! Been looking forward to it!



That old board finally met its demise at the beginning of 2024. I changed my avatar a while back to match my Halasían character that is on RP Repository.
 
I've always liked Idril, although I'm not exactly sure why. The way she's depicted in TFoG is kind of similar to what I look like. Also, she tells Tuor to dig a tunnel of escape from Gondolin, and I'm always digging escape tunnels from my bases in Minecraft (long stretch, I know, but it works for me). The Fall of Gondolin is one of my favorite books, and I like most of the charachters in it. Also, since I'm Idril, I get to call my friend, @Elwing the White "daughter-in-law". My profile is the painting of Gondolin that you can find on the cover of The Fall of Gondolin. My profile banner is a Silmarillion background that I found online. Despite the fact that I'm a Desert person, I still really like the sea, and the banner picture somehow conveys the sea really well. I can almost feel a salty breeze when I'm looking at it, even though it's obviously Photoshop.
 
Bit of an update: I had my username on TORN changed back to my original one (which I'm using as a title here), since I got back into the Hobbit movies (and Thorin), which means I'm in the process of sending Marida back home after about a dozen years in the modern world (I'm not sure how much longer she would have lasted anyways, since even Gandalf warns her that the portals were created by another civilization fleeing some catastrophe affecting multiple worlds and timelines, so no wonder he fears for the safety of anyone native to Middle-earth). Though you can change your username on this site, I'm not sure if you can change it back to a previous one (since you can't do this on DeviantArt either), so I'll keep it as a title (for now, at least). I also joined the new Lord of the Rings fanclub under the same username (my TORN original username, not the one I have here).

As for my current avatar, it's simply one of the posters for BotFA (probably from the extended edition which I still haven't gotten to, since the theatrical was emotional enough). None of my fanfiction stories have the Heirs of Durin dying (at least not yet, it will be a long time before that happens), since they're my stories, so my rules (never been much of a book purist, anyways).

Dwarewien comes from a name generator where you can find out what your name would be if you were a race of Middle-earth. Dwarewien was the human result and she's a Princess of Dol Amroth. One of my other results I'm using as a mischievous hobbit character on the Lord of the Rings Fanatics Plaza (Elanor Starsley). I used my full name, not just my first name (I probably even used a username I had on the Council of Elrond forums).
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…