Halasían
A Retired Dúnedain Ranger Fishing Lake Evendim
- Joined
- Dec 16, 2001
- Messages
- 2,276
My Avatar is nothing to do with Tolkien or any of his characters. The name is simply my middle name backwards, the picture is my drawing of the eponymous hero of the Picts from my first historical novel (unpublished), ‘The Kings of Kaltis’ who is called Connarch Uredech. I have used the avatar for several years now and never felt the need to change it. I suppose a character like Elrond or one of his twin sons would suit me, but I rather like Kiredor as he based on my ancestors.
My avatar has nothing to do with Tolkien’s lore. Kiredor was a fun character in one of my short stories, and the artwork is my painting of the front cover (or not, I haven’t decided yet) to my 1st novel ‘The Kings of Kaltis’ (still editing). The character, and main protagonist, is called Connarch Uradech; a Pictish warrior embroiled in murderous clan politics, royal incest, all the while fighting the Dal Riada (Irish), the Romans, his King - all over the love of a strange and mysterious girl from one of the lower clans; but his main fight is for his sanity and an uncontrollable demon that consumes him.
Too Cool!
My avatar is some AI artwork I found on Pinterest, and my forum name is that of my Middle-earth OC of one of Aragorn's and Arwen's daughters. I have a big fan-fic story of her that I will share here soon in The Red Book of Westmarch.
I believe I'm familiar with your story as you posted a brief synopsis in the Library of Annúminas! Been looking forward to it!
This thread has been around for pretty much my entire existence here on TTF, yet I never posted to it. Originally I was 'Snowdog' which was a very early online handle I've used going back to the BBS days of the early 90's. I used it then because it was my old CB radio handle in the late 70 & early 80's. It was based on a short story I originally wrote in the 70's based on Rush's song 'By-Tor & The 'Snowdog' from their album 'Caress of Steel'.
My current name of Halasían is character I created in a forum roleplay in 2000 on The One Ring called Shadow Over Arnor (the old board is still there but the HTML coding isn't working any longer). I've used it here since.... 2005ish? My avatar is one I've used since 2003 when I discovered Cherif Fortin and his artwork, but changed it to this one because he was an older ranger and wanted to distinguish between him and his son Hanasían.
That old board finally met its demise at the beginning of 2024. I changed my avatar a while back to match my Halasían character that is on RP Repository.
