• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What's the story behind your avatar and forum name?

this one is a bunch of grateful dead bears. i was named after a greatful dead song. and they rock my socks.
Another Dead fan!! :D :) :D Yay! What's your favorite Dead song? Mine are Scarlet Fire and China Cat Sunflower. I miss going to Dead shows soooo much! My last show was in Charlotte.

As for my name, it means "star lament" because there is too much light pollution where I live and I am sad that I can't see the stars. :( Also, I always liked the sad characters like Niniel and Nienna.

My avatar is just supposed to be me - Elennainië, but it's actually an illustration by Rackham for Wagner's Ring, a story about a powerful magic ring which brings despair to everyone who owns it...sounding familiar? Thanks to Nóm for making it into an avatar for me! :)
 
well, im only 15 so the last dead show i went to was when i was like 2, but i love the song "Althea" cause i was named after it, but my all time fav is Sugar Magnolia......
 
... AND YOUR SIGNATURE...

Yes! Let us also speak about our signatures :)

How did you decide to chose this one?

I change mine whenever I read sth. that moves me greatly. I prefer it to be in Elvish (whatever "dialect" it might be!).
 
well, im only 15 so the last dead show i went to was when i was like 2, but i love the song "Althea" cause i was named after it, but my all time fav is Sugar Magnolia......
Wow, named after Althea, cool! I named my dog Tennessee Jed after that song, but your name is much prettier! ;) I guess that would have made you 7 when Jerry died :( Sugar Magnolia is so pretty too! :)
 
My current one is from the Beach Boys as most of you (I hope) prolly know... but usually mine are from enya or loreena mckennitt
 
My sig is my favorite MLK Jr. Quote (I have another that used to be in my sig but is now in my Bio)
 
Well... Er as you can see my username is Húrin Thalion and I have it because, er, it is a rather long story for two words but I'll post it anyway.

Well I could start by reminding all of the unforgettable (paradoxical?) chapter in the Silmarillion about Húrin Thalion and his children. The first I admire with him is his and the rest of the men from Dor-Lómin's attitude, when they in the saddest of all battles decided not to retreat but hold their ground. They sent away Turgon and the Gondolindrim to save the last of the high elven kingdoms in middle earth, and they held the pass of Sirion against all the hordes of Morgoth Bauglir. At the fifth day, Húrin's brother, Huor, was slain by a poisoned arrow in the eye and the orcs killed the rest of the men of Hador's house and made of their heads a pile that gleamed of gold in the sinking sun. Last of all Húrin stood alone, he then threw away his shield and wielded his axe with both hands. For each enemy he hewed he shouted: "Aurë entuluva!" "Day shall come!"

Húrin knew that all this would happen when he advised Turgon to leave but still he did this uncomprehendable sacrifice, he was after that battle prisoner in Angband for 28 years but even then he kept resisting and even scorning Morgoth. He was put on the highest peak of Thangorodrim and forced to watch his family's misery. As the peak of all this he comes to his children's grave and meets there his now old and weary wife. She then dies and his family is eradicated. Full of grief he then comes to the vicinity of the hidden realm Gondolin, and searches long for the gates but he cannot find them. At last he stands up and shiuts: "Turgon, Turgon, rememmber the marsh of Serech! Turgon, why will you not listen in your hidden halls?" But the only thibng that answered him was the sound of the wind sweeping through the dry grass. "That is how they hissed in serech at sundown." He said and then the sun sunk beyond the the mountains.

Need I say more?
 
my sig is 100% original... ;) and the bottom part is cause i was kinda ****y so i added it in to make myself feel better, i dont know. to make a statement.



Wow, named after Althea, cool! I named my dog Tennessee Jed after that song, but your name is much prettier! I guess that would have made you 7 when Jerry died Sugar Magnolia is so pretty too!

my mom and dad were dead heads... they would go around with me at a concert and i was the little dead head. My dad's best friend's daughter (in other words, the girl i spent all my elementary school years playing with) is named cassidy after another GD song. they rock.
 
My sig?
I want my sig to say something, both to myself and to others. When I feel I have found some words of wisdom, I put it there.
 
Originally posted by ILLOTRTM
I don't have an avatar because... because... actually, I dunno. I guess I've just never gotten around to getting one! Maybe someday...

Name:
Heeheehee, I've had SOOOOO many people ask me about my name! However, I have a policy: I only tell it to people who try to guess what it means. It stands for something. I thought that was obvious in the beginning, until people started asking me how to pronounce it! :D
Does yours stand for I Love Lord Of The Rings The Movie?
 
Well, here it is;

Signature: Well, it IS Christmas time, isnt it?

User Name: Its my nickname. I got it because I am kinda short, and when I used to play 4-square(you all know what THAT is, right?), I'd get down on my knees(well, not really on my knees, but kinda. I scrunch down as far as my knees would bend. I'm not sure what to call that. Maybe "Munchkin Style"....) and play like that, and it stuck. Pretty intresting, huh?

Avatar: Does ANYONE see an avatar here?
 
i recently read the most awesome series called "Water" by Kara Dalkey. It was amazing and I loved the whole story line. It takes place in Atlantis (thence my location), and well, the user title...i just think Anya is a really pretty name and the hero of the story was kinda like a princess...
 
Well, I don't have an avatar yet, and I haven't added a signature yet. So, about the name...
The cats of Queen Beruthiel are mentioned in the Lord of the Rings. I am owned by a houseful of cats, so it seemed fitting.
The gory details: I had three cats up until a year and a half ago. We decided to adopt one more. Turns out she was pregnant when we adopted her, but no one knew at the time. She had 6 kittens, none of whom we were able to adopt out. We kept them all. Yes, I have ten cats. Fortunately, I have a three level house with plenty of room for them to roam. It's insanity, but a wonderful insanity. Loads of purrs. Cat hair on all my clothes. Kitties to curl up next to me at night and keep me warm.
It's nothing I would have deliberately chosen, but it is something I would never give up.
 
Name: My name comes from the Freedom that America has.

Avatar: my Avatar is Arwen cause Liv Tyler is so dang HOTT!

Sig: my sig is pretty self explanatory
 
Here goes... I figured that if I chose some strange RP nick, I'd get bored of it, get it changed and then general chaos would ensue. So I merely took my first name, took my second name, and removed the space between them. And there you have it, CraigSmith :)

As for my avatar, it's Eddie. Eddie being the mascot-type-thing for the incredibly good heavy metal band, Iron Maiden. In this particular picture, he represents The Trooper from the song also entitled that. As to why I chose it, well, it's cool, isn't it?

And my sig. I changed it earlier on today from This week, I have mostly been eating... Acorns being from The Fast Show, a sketch show on the BBC. Very funny. And now I have changed it to I've had a great time, but this wasn't it - Groucho Marx, because it's quite a good quote.

I seem to be quite a boring person, really :( No hidden meanings, revelations or anything much.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top