• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What's the story behind your avatar and forum name?

Oh yeah, I forgot to post my avatar's background here! It is my girlfriends name in Tnegwar letters. Okay I won't keep you wondering, Mathilda it is with those strange latin letters. That is the only heraldic I need.

Húrin Thalion
 
Last edited:
Yes but I don't speak or write latin, just a little. These letters I use now are latin just as our numbers are arabic.

Húrin Thalion
 
I chose my name because ecthelion killed Gothmog the Balrog and humans are cool. My avatar, thought it looked cool. Sig, The poster formerly known as Nain Ironfoot- I just thought it was funny since Prince is the artist formerly known as Prince. The rest of my sig is just because I felt like putting it there and I want to free the monkeys and I know lots about Weezer so I copied the people who put Expert Tolkienologist and put in Weezer.
 
my name- self explanatory
my sig- self-explanatory
my title- can't figure out how to get one...
that's about it.
 
Originally posted by Aragorns_girl00
my title- can't figure out how to get one...
Go to user cp, at the top. Then go to Edit Profile and you will see the Custom Title thing. Type one in there, and press Submit Modifications. Do not press the Reset button after typing your title.
 
The Name

I found my avatar on www.macaddict.com one day and it sat on my Hard Drive for months until i had a use for it. Here.

My name is actually a Magazine (The Best Mac Mag on the planet i might add) And I like it so much that I use it wherever its not taken.

~MacAddict

Note: More info to follow
 
Last edited:
For the life of me I can't remember what my sig is...

Anyway, AGAIN...

HLG- My initials...
Strider- My dream man

Some people on here know what the initial H stands for or even what the L stands for and I think I may have let the G slip to Firnovian on e-mail...

Elgee, of course, because H LG LG Elgee...

The Avatar will eventually change... but it is because of a story I wrote involving hungry cows.... and so is my user title which will also change.

My mission is to entertain or at least confuse.

Gosh.. that'd make a great signature!
 
My avatar shows that
  1. I am a member of the Guild of Ost-in-Edhil
  2. The Standard of Rohan [A white horse on a green field]
  3. The White Tree of Gondor [the Standard of the King]
  4. The Symbol of the Tolkien Wiki Community [A roving band of miscreants who know everything]:):D
    [/list=1]

    When I came up with my user-name I did not have Tolkien on my mind[I think I had a server head injury at the time;)].

    My signature; is self expanatory and short enough to starve off picky Moderators :p

    To Elgee: Congratulations on finding Twitterpation I was there once but it is not health to be there all the time. So enjoy it while you can.;) :)
 
Re: ... AND YOUR SIGNATURE...

Originally posted by Lhunithiliel
Yes! Let us also speak about our signatures :)

How did you decide to chose this one?

I change mine whenever I read sth. that moves me greatly. I prefer it to be in Elvish (whatever "dialect" it might be!).


My signature seems to change from time to time. At the time I post this, my signature is
O for a Muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention, a kingdom for a stage, princes to act, and monarchs to behold the swelling scene!

I will be very impressed if anyone knows what that line is from and which character spoke it.*** The first one to post a correct answer will win 1000 good-on-ya points which are completely useless and redeemable for nothing, but you can still say that you won.

I know that Elgee already knows this one, so don't spoil it for others

***(without looking it up of course)

RD
 
Originally posted by Chymaera
When I came up with my user-name I did not have Tolkien on my mind[I think I had a server head injury at the time;)].
Wasn't Chymaera the killer virus in Mission Impossible 2? Well, it was, but is that where you got the idea from? It could be spelled differently, though.
 
I am flattered that you think I would know... and I think I do...

Chymera was a three headed monster in Greek myth killed by Belthron... Belethron... that's wrong... He was the one who rode Pegasus the winged horse who came from Medusa's neck...

anyway, the beast had a lion, goat, and I want to say dragon head... but dragon is wrong... snake maybe.

It was killed by Belthron or whatever his name was dropping a lump of lead down its throat.
 
Yeah, I remembered about it being from Greek mythology sometime after posting, but then decided I couldn't be bothered going to edit my post. Too busy playing Fellowship Of The Ring...
 
Originally posted by CraigSmith
Wasn't Chymaera the killer virus in Mission Impossible 2? Well, it was, but is that where you got the idea from? It could be spelled differently, though.
Yes, that is true. Elgee is also right

So some where in between the Greek Myth and the release of Mission Impossible 2 I started useing that name on the Net.;) :D

Actually I had concidered using the name 'Daeron', but that guy just didn't have those redeeming factors that would have made the name more comfortable.
 
If anyone can explain to me why I chose Lorien I'd be much obliged. Really...I don't know why I chose it and I don't know why I don't try and get WM to change it for me.

Avatar- Hmm, I come bringing offerings of Led Zeppelin IV :D Its a symbol they used.

Signature- Well, I'm a Ayn Rand follower, and I kinda liked the line from the book, it meant something to me. The second sentence is something about me being a SB (which for the sake of everyone's sanity, I will not elaborate as to what it stands for). And I would like everyone to note this title was forced upon me by very wicked and evil people (you know who you all are).
 
Well as for my name, HP Lovecraft is another of my favorite authors. Most of the Tolkien names I wanted were already taken so I chose a Lovecraftian one.

Don't have an avatar yet...

And my signature is a poem in (Quenya?) from the book and I always liked it even though I don't understand it.
 
Can anyone remember what the killer virus in the book Rainbow 6 was? I've been torturing myself all night over it ever since we brought up Chymera... Was it Hydra? No, it couldn't have been... sigh!

Your sig is too long, Lord R. It needs to be three lines or less. Try decreasing the font to small... or not doing it in poem form or something like that.
 
Hey,what happened to my beautiful Elgee?!!!!!What is that cow?!!!!!A Hungry Cow?I hope it is not Mad Cow.........:mad:
 
Oh, Lorien, stop complaining. You know you've earned your names. ;) :D Everyone in the Somalian Army (their identities are known only to the others in the Army) has earned their names... mostly. :rolleyes:
 
Hey,what happened to my beautiful Elgee?!!!!!What is that cow?!!!!!A Hungry Cow?I hope it is not Mad Cow.........

Go the Prancing Pony and look for a thread entitled a short story for your perusal.

It'll explain my avatar... I already scared RD with the cow. It's the Kung Cow... or something like that...
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top