• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

What's the story behind your avatar and forum name?

me name i got from the back of the Sil "Celebthôl" it means Silverhelm , and i dont have an avatar to explain...oh well maybe if i get round to it !

Thôl
 
Now I have a weird Giraffe... after a kids song on my baby sissy's Raffi CD.
 
Name: I just love hobbits, and I'm short.

Title: My first name in Quenya.

Avatar: I was surfing once (a swords site, of all places) and I found this pic. I totally loved the brooches in the movie so I've been using it for a while now.

Siggy: I change my siggy a lot, but right now I have links to the guilds I'm in, my status as Harmonica Player for the Golden Axe Inn , and a line from the song that Merry and Pippin sang in the Green Dragon that was cut out of the movie. The song was based off a poem in FotR, I think.

ILLOTRTM: Does your name stand for I Love Lord of the Rings Too Much?
 
My new avvy: I like having avatars that I make. this is my latest work.

My sig:

I always have the Dr. Seuss part. Always. I just like it. Then I have my guild associations...for 2 of them (I can't fit any others)

But that first part is changing. Right now I have it which explains my getting loads and loads of emails with viruses attached to them.
 
My new avatar (since I got to barrow the movie for a while) is the Black Knight and King Arthur in Monty Python and the Holy Grail! I just love that movie.

My new sig. is the guilds I'm in and of course, Jesus Christ is the best!
 
More explanations...
I'm doing a Bambi theme and I felt like a pretty flower... he he

You know I am almost to the sacred, amazing, wonderful

3333!

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL NUMBER... A NUMBER TO BE STARED AT! I LOVE IT! MY NUMBER! HORRAY! MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

I'll probably get cut down by a mod cleaning before I get there but 3333 is sooooooooooooooo beautiful.
 
First, I just wanted to say I luv you guys! This is the coolest forum...we've got so many members it's a true virtual community...and the spirit or feeling of this forum to me is uplifting, even though, just like regular family members, we disagree now and then, but that's okay. "Thanks for being you."

So, I've got my avatar because I'm really intrigued by the palatiri and "secret" and powerful modes of communication, or types of communication that are different. I may make some changes to this avatar.

My name...well, I made it up because I like the sound of it (VAL-der-meer) and because I wanted a name that sounded like it was a warrior's and sounded vaguely like a Viking name too!
 
Originally posted by Valdarmyr
My name...well, I made it up because I like the sound of it (VAL-der-meer) and because I wanted a name that sounded like it was a warrior's and sounded vaguely like a Viking name too!
Or quite possibly Russian, Eastern European at least
 
I chose 33 Peregrin because... I don't know. I just think Pippin is great and wherever I go I carry around my little Pippin action figure from Burger King. 33 comes from Frodo's age at the beggining of LOTR, of course. I just like that number! I kind of wish I had put more thought into my user name. But I'll keep it... I just kind of like it.

I don't have an avatar yet, but when I get one, it will be Pippin.


 
This thread might be the appropriate place to ask a question that's been on my mind ever since I added my Avatar. The other day, my dad (a Tolkien fan of long standing) visited the forum and looked at my profile. The very first thing he asked me was what my avatar was of. Did the shrinking of the picture I'm using render it unitelligible, or can you tell what the picture is?

As for the story behind my forum name, I just used my favorite line from the books, and then rationalized how it fitted me.
 
I wish I could change my "name" from grey to "The Grey Fool.", but I don't know how.
I did finally find an avatar, from someone on this forum.
Location changes depending on games I'm in here.
Sig usually is a quote from the book, depending on real-life circumstances. I'm also a Fool for "real". (proven)

You all are cooler to "talk" to than alot of people in my day, so keep talking, and keep it real!
 
Just so anyone doesn't get the wrong idea.
My current signature is in protest of military action.

Most of you I am sure are sharp enough to catch that, but you never know.

RD

10 points to anyone who can identify the speaker of this quote.
 
Richard III said that- well, at least Shakespeare's Richard Crookback did. I'd be surprised if the real Richard was that eloquent.
 
That'll be interesting...

At the moment mine is flirting with every male on the site... arent' I shameless?
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…