Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.
Register
They were basically just lords or captains of Men, whom Sauron ensnared with false visions of glory and reward.. Annatar indeed, bah!
Three of the Nazgûl (Úlairi) were Númenórean lords.
I dont think it says anywere clearly... I myself just raised this question in another thread not to long ago today, and it is very hard to answer this question, like other questions:
-Where did tom B and goldberry come from?
-What are they?
-Is the LOTR compared to God?
-Were exactly did the Nazgul come from?
Im sure theres tons of more questions like these, that arent very easy to answer, and this is one of them.
Indeed, Lantarion is correct, I found the place of reference where it states that three of the Nazgul were Númenórean lords.
I still think I have read somewhere were it says that they were all Númenórean lords. I will have to try and find it when I have time, though, it could be nothing more then a figment of my imagination.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.