• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Where is Maglor?

I suppose he just sang and sang until he either faded, was killed or died of sorrow, and he now dwells in Mandos.
 
The death of Maglor is actually mentioned in the 'Lay of Leithian Recommenced' published in HoMe III: The Lays of Beleriand:
No other player has there been,
no other lips or fingers seen
so skilled, 'tis said in elven-lore,
save Maelor [Maglor] son of Fëanor,
forgotten harper, singer doomed,
who young when Laurelin yet bloomed
to endless lamentation passed
and in the tombless sea was cast.
 
I read that book. I never knew that. I must have just passed over it. I guess we know now. I guess because of great sorrow held over the years, he just cast himself into the sea. He must be in the Halls of Mandos now.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top