• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Which type of Ranger do you like?

Which type of Ranger do you like most?

  • Arnorien i.e. Aragorn's kind

    Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Gondorien i.e. Faramir's kind

    Votes: 8 21.6%

  • Total voters
    37
I think fending off Orcs, Nazgul, etc everyday of the week like those of Gondor

I don't think they did much 'fending off' of Nazgul considering the Nazgul never appeared until the Black Riders set out to ERIADOR.

They did run into the Black Captain at Osgilliath 6 months prior to that, but I think the Dunedain of Gondor didn't do to well in that confrontation as only 4 of them, including Faramir & Boromir made it back after throwing down the bridge.

Come to think of it, in EVERY confrontation with the Nazgul after that, the Dunedain of Gondor didn't fare very well either.
 
I read in a thread somewhere how she did it, I just forgot, something about him being killed by the sword that he forged.:confused: Don't ask me about it I really don't know.
 
Well, I have ROTK in my lap so I'll look that part up............Ok here's how the he dies, 'ROTK, The Battle of The Pelennor Fields'

talking about the Witchking : "but suddenly he too stumbled forword with a cry of pain, and his stroke went wide, driving into the ground. Merry's sword had stabbed him from behind, shearing through the black mantle, and passing up beneath the hauberk had pierced through the sinew and up into his mighty knee. 'Éowyn Éowyn' cried Merry. Then tottering, struggling up, with her last strength she drove her between crown and mantle, as the great shoulders bowed before her. Éowyn fell forward upon her fallen foe. But lo! the mantle and hauberk were empty. Shapeless they lay now on the groun, torn and tumbled; and a cry went up into the shuddering air, and faded to a shrill wailing, passing with the wind, a voice bodiless and thin that died, and was swallowed up, and was never heard agian to this age of the world."
Well it never actually says that he dies but it does imply something pretty close to dieing, if not actually doing it. I think that his spirit went to join all evil spirit's but his body was destroyed and therefore made it immposible for him to stay on earth.
 
Aragorn's Arnorians.

For one thing, they didn't have the rewards that the Gondorians had. I'm assuming the Gondorians could go home and there would be some sort of Vetrens home for them when they retired or something. . .but all the Arnorians got was sneers. . .and Aragorn had to battle alone in the wilderness. ..Sniff. . .sweep. . .

And he's so loveable!
 
I agree with you to a certain extent...

No where does it say that Faramir's rangers came home to praises and such. They were much more respected and famous because they were representing Gondor, while the Rangers of the North represented sneaking, dirty, inn-scare-er-away-of-people's. Something like that... Faramir's ranger's were just known about, and the Northern one's weren't as much.
 
Well your right, BC, but I still simpathize with the Arnoriens. I wish Tolkien had written about the restored Gondor, I bet the Ranger's got lot's of praise then!

By-the-way BC your coment under your name was the friest thig that made me laugh all day, Elgee, evil. Hahaha like that'd ever happen!
 
The ithien(gondor) rangers wern't formed till, i think turgon the stewards time, so it is not their fault.
The northen rangers were just coooler, no respest, no joy, only fighting the long haul till the end.
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top