• Welcome to The Tolkien Forum! Connect with fellow Tolkien enthusiasts and join a community that is over two decades old, and still going strong. We look forward to meeting you.  Register

Who here hates 🧝Legolas?

If I wasn't so happy that so many people where embracing Tolkien's vision of ancient indo-Europe then I would tell you that you are stupid! Elves, how can you hate elves what would the story have been without them? Also elves are kind of like the Arya, the Goths if you will (Goth in the historical sense not Goth in the modern fashion).

Elves are also like the people that wandered the forests of Germarnia like early blonde Native American nomads. To conclude the elves are pure, noble and PJ did an excellent Job portraying them! Yet I did always think of them as Native Americans but seeing as how I also used to think of the Hobbits as 45 center meters tall with green hair its not surprising that my vision of lord of the rings hasn't been portrayed yet. :)

HAIL TO THE ELVES!!!
 
The main thing I cant stand about the elves is the way they present them selves...they think they are almighty and they are too quite...they should loosen up..like Gimli I guess.
 
the one thing me and my friend kevin don't like bout the elves, is how their hair is basically always perfect. when us and a group of friends went to see fotr, after they come out of moria, kevin turns to me and goes. 'man what does legolas use on his hair i need to get me some'
 
Those are really, really insignificant reasons for disliking the elves!

'Oh, I don't like the elves because they have long blonde hair!' 'I don't like the elves because they are noble', you sound like a bunch of uppity Bracegirdles! :D

Think what the war of the ring would have been like without the elves? There wouldn't have been that strong feeling of a connection with the old Aryan people!
 
i never said i didn't like them i said i don't like something about them, it's 2 completely dif things. it's not that i don't like the elves, it's just i prefer hobbits
 
And I suppose you have a better reason to dislike elves?

I dont care what you think I sound like, that is my opinion.
 
Well you know....I cant stand it when people say crap about my opinion, it is one thing to disagree...it is another to call names ;)
 
No. While

I am not a drooling fangirl, I don't hate him. Besides, it never says in the books that he has dark hair, does it?
 

Today's events

Similar threads

Back
Top